Very nice Fatima movie

Started by Lyubov, January 04, 2013, 02:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyubov

The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima is a movie made in 1952. It isn't 100% accurate, but definitely has a nice message. I bawl every time I watch it, and even men have been known to shed a tear or two.  ;D

It is on YouTube in installments.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5xqIinSy0[/yt]
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Bonaventure

Was this movie originally in black and white? Or is that a different one?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 04, 2013, 02:13:04 AM
Was this movie originally in black and white? Or is that a different one?
the new one the 13th day (which is ok) is in black and white and some splashes of color.
I still prefer the original movie. More traditional.
Here is the trailer for the other one.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvwcgsNA89g[/yt]
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Bonaventure

I tried to arrange a screening of that new one at my NO high school. Unfortunately, that didn't come to fruition.

I do remember the older one from a while back. It shows everyone at Fátima waving white hankerchiefs.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Lyubov

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 04, 2013, 02:23:20 AM
I do remember the older one from a while back. It shows everyone at Fátima waving white hankerchiefs.

A very moving scene!

And to think, this is what stands in Fatima today, the 4th largest Catholic Church in the world:

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

totiusque

Quote from: Lyubov on January 04, 2013, 02:05:56 AM
The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima is a movie made in 1952. It isn't 100% accurate, but definitely has a nice message. I bawl every time I watch it, and even men have been known to shed a tear or two.  ;D

I try to watch this one at least once a year.  It does have some cheesy acting in parts, but overall a well done movie considering the low budget.  The scene that always gets me is when Jacinta tells her Mom and those around that she and Francisco are going to die soon.  Very touching scene.  (BTW, I'm hoping I didn't need to preface this with a Spoiler Alert, especially since the movie's been out for 60 years).
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Lyubov

Quote from: totiusque on January 04, 2013, 03:08:15 AM
(BTW, I'm hoping I didn't need to preface this with a Spoiler Alert, especially since the movie's been out for 60 years).

I sincerely hope that "spoiler alerts" aren't needed for details pertaining to the apparition at Fatima!
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: totiusque on January 04, 2013, 03:08:15 AMIt does have some cheesy acting in parts

Alas, cheesy acting would be a dealbreaker for me. I sometimes like watching bad movies for the express purpose of making fun of them, but if it's a religious movie, I can't handle it if I feel like I'm watching a grade school production.

totiusque

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 04, 2013, 05:04:56 AM
Quote from: totiusque on January 04, 2013, 03:08:15 AMIt does have some cheesy acting in parts

Alas, cheesy acting would be a dealbreaker for me. I sometimes like watching bad movies for the express purpose of making fun of them, but if it's a religious movie, I can't handle it if I feel like I'm watching a grade school production.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, it is a Warner Brothers film, so it's not that bad, at least not grade school production bad.  I don't think the acting detracts too much from the movie itself, and I still think it is a worthwhile film to see.  Plus, don't just take my word for it; others may think the acting is superb.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Lyubov

I was going to mention that some of the acting is slightly cheesy, but decided against it. It's slight 1950s cheesiness.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.