Sunday Work

Started by Heinrich, February 02, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on February 04, 2013, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 04, 2013, 08:54:37 PM
German. And English.

Ah, yes... I was hoping against hope for Norwegian or Icelandic.  :)

That would be something. I am descended from Vikings, but know no Norwegian. I think I want to learn French.

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Heinrich on February 04, 2013, 10:06:42 PM
That would be something. I am descended from Vikings, but know no Norwegian.

Vikings are awesome!

QuoteI think I want to learn French.

You should! You can come join us in The Alps.  :)

Heinrich

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on February 05, 2013, 09:01:36 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 04, 2013, 10:06:42 PM
That would be something. I am descended from Vikings, but know no Norwegian.

Vikings are awesome!

QuoteI think I want to learn French.

You should! You can come join us in The Alps.  :)

Well, as a language learner and teacher, it will take time for me to be proficient. I would like to think I am fluent in German, but listening to the news or watching TV in German confirms that I just do not have the vocab down in order to understand certain nuances.  Then again, I listen to political and arts type of stuff, so the vocab and contexts of the topics could be greek to some native speakers as well.

I will send you a PM sometime later in the week about this. Learning French, that is.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Heinrich on February 05, 2013, 10:22:28 PMWell, as a language learner and teacher, it will take time for me to be proficient. I would like to think I am fluent in German, but listening to the news or watching TV in German confirms that I just do not have the vocab down in order to understand certain nuances.  Then again, I listen to political and arts type of stuff, so the vocab and contexts of the topics could be greek to some native speakers as well.

I will send you a PM sometime later in the week about this. Learning French, that is.

Sure.  :)