Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

My kids used to have that movie. Soup! Mice! adventure! It's got it all.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

red solo cup

Dead Man Down. Not bad considering it was a Colin Farrell movie.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Into the Woods. I liked it, except for the part where Cinderella tells Little Red Riding Hood: "You decide what's good, you decide what's true." Bad, bad phrasing. And the whole scene with the baker's wife and Prince Charming.  >:(
My Lord and my God.

AngloFalcon

Quote from: Bernadette on December 31, 2014, 09:58:26 AM
Into the Woods. I liked it, except for the part where Cinderella tells Little Red Riding Hood: "You decide what's good, you decide what's true." Bad, bad phrasing. And the whole scene with the baker's wife and Prince Charming.  >:(
I read about it on Kids-in-Mind. To be honest, it is rather inappropriate for a children's fairytale to feature clear (soft) adultery. Why would they even do that in a kids film?! (Rhetorical question).

Arun

City of ember

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

piabee

Mockingjay, finally. It didn't get the best reviews but I liked it. I always enjoy the middles of stories.

Quote from: AngloFalcon on December 31, 2014, 01:48:23 PM
Why would they even do that in a kids film?! (Rhetorical question).

It's not really a kids' film, but unless you were familiar with the musical it's based on you wouldn't know. I have friend who was upset by it because she didn't know what she was getting into. This is why reviews exist.

AngloFalcon

Quote from: piabee on December 31, 2014, 11:43:13 PM
Mockingjay, finally. It didn't get the best reviews but I liked it. I always enjoy the middles of stories.

Quote from: AngloFalcon on December 31, 2014, 01:48:23 PM
Why would they even do that in a kids film?! (Rhetorical question).

It's not really a kids' film, but unless you were familiar with the musical it's based on you wouldn't know. I have friend who was upset by it because she didn't know what she was getting into. This is why reviews exist.
It is a PG in the UK (just one rating above 'suitable for everyone'), and the Disney name tagged onto it would mislead parents into assuming it was aimed at the Family audience. I still think it's funny business as reviewers (other than parent centred blow by blow account websites) wouldn't mention themes like that especially. It means we need to trust the media to warn us about the stuff they produce.
I agree that Mockingjay was really good though.  :)

Arun

The interview. It's funny as

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Rose

Maleficent. I cried  :-[ AF hasn't seen it yet, so no spoilers. Not so sure about all of the costumes.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Arun on January 02, 2015, 03:51:13 AM
The interview. It's funny as

I didn't find it funny at all, and I have a pretty immature sense of humour...maybe it was all the hype around it, I don't know, but I thought it was lame

I just watched Django Unchained...very Tarantino, but I didn't pay enough attention to really have an opinion on it :P
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Arun

Django unchained was a good watch eh

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Kaesekopf

I re-watched Goldfinger, From Russia... With Love, and the first 30 minutes of You Only Live Twice.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

The Babadook. It was original and very well done but it didn't scare me.

Gardener

Fury...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09w9MTtZDEM[/yt]

Fury was interesting...

1) I cannot recall a WW2 movie focusing on the Armor side in a while. It's always Rangers or Infantry or something similar. Was neat to see a much less glamorous movie.

2) It was much darker than the trailer portrays. The action was merely a conduit to exploring the (spiritual) darkness of war; it was interesting how accurate the various reactions were amongst the characters.

3) Pitt's character was spot-on for a grizzled platoon sergeant.

4) Grady (character name) reminded me a lot of a guy I knew; just uncouth as can be, but good enough at his job that you're sickened by him because you can't justify sending him off to the mental ward in which he belongs, only to have it revealed as nothing more than an act to cope with trauma.

5) There's something satisfying about SS getting whacked.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Arun

my mate was telling me a couple days ago that apparently on set during filming of Fury the director would pick two people each day to just go out back and have a fist fight. something about building the atmosphere and camaraderie that the characters would of had in the film... i dunno lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR