Fraternity of Saint Vincent Ferrier

Started by queen.saints, October 23, 2021, 01:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

queen.saints

Does anyone know anything about this group? I've never been to their masses, but am looking for places that have an online Mass request option, which they do, and which use a pre-1955 missal.

They also have a very low stipend for Gregorian Mass.

https://www.chemere.org/offrande-de-messes
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Kaesekopf

They are a trad order, situated after the Dominican Order.  They are not Dominicans because the OP would not permit them to live the OP life officially, so they basically just changed their name and habit.

I think their roots are in the SSPX? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

From wiki:
QuoteThe fraternity was founded in 1979 by Louis-Marie de Blignières and was initially sedeprivationist, but later reconciled with the Holy See and became a religious institute of pontifical right on 30 November 1988.[1] The fraternity's priests use the traditional Dominican Rite for saying Mass and the hours of the Divine Office, due to an indult granted to them in 1988.[2][3] It is not a part of the Dominican Order.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 23, 2021, 02:39:39 PM
From wiki:
QuoteThe fraternity was founded in 1979 by Louis-Marie de Blignières and was initially sedeprivationist, but later reconciled with the Holy See and became a religious institute of pontifical right on 30 November 1988.[1] The fraternity's priests use the traditional Dominican Rite for saying Mass and the hours of the Divine Office, due to an indult granted to them in 1988.[2][3] It is not a part of the Dominican Order.
Too bad.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

trentcath

There was also an SSPX group of dominicans in Avrile, France, but I think most of them became SSPX Resistance. I actually don't know if any stayed within the SSPX, I think they also had a monastery in Germany somewhere but no idea what happened with that (I visited them pre-resistance so a long time ago).

Michael Wilson

The SSPX loyal, trad Dominicans exists; I receive their newsletter from time to time. I don't know how many there are, but one of them is Fr. Albert here (2nd from the right if I'm not mistaken): https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/new-dominican-community-5298
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

trentcath

Quote from: Michael Wilson on October 29, 2021, 04:12:45 PM
The SSPX loyal, trad Dominicans exists; I receive their newsletter from time to time. I don't know how many there are, but one of them is Fr. Albert here (2nd from the right if I'm not mistaken): https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/new-dominican-community-5298
:laugh:

This is good! I still get newsletters from the other ones 🤣

Michael Wilson

I'm subscribed to the Avrille Dominican's magazine, "Le Sel de la Terre"; If you can read French, I highly recommend it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers