video file conversion question?

Started by Arun, August 15, 2014, 07:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

got a video clip that's mp4 sbs 3d, i have digiarty mp4 to avi converter and youtube downloader which also converts. is there any way i can use either of those, or another way, to convert to 2d avi at all?

thanks.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Akavit

I've used a program called Any Video Converter several times in the past.  I think it's still available and still free.

Arun

does it convert from 3d to 2d? the file is 3d sbs and it's annoying to try watch it like that lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Daniel

You realize that when you split a side-by-side video to just one of the sides it will look a little blurry?  (Because each side only has half the horizontal resolution...)

You can do this with the cropping feature in HandBrake, but that exports as MP4 so if you need it to be AVI then you could convert the MP4 to AVI with FFmpeg.  (Some of this isn't so straightforward so if you're confused then I could make a tutorial video.)

Another way to do this (if the 3D video's not copyrighted) is to upload the video to YouTube and then YouTube lets you view it in 2D, so then you can use some screen capture software to re-record the video off of YouTube (I don't think it's possible to actually download the 2D video as I think YouTube doesn't convert it to 2D but just plays it in 2D somehow).

Arun

sounds like it might be better to jst find another version of the video file i think lol. thanks for the advice.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR