My book- Defending Dixie's Land!

Started by bilbobaggins, November 24, 2023, 08:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilbobaggins

Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on December 02, 2023, 01:19:26 PMSad to see how many still buy the Lost Cause myth. Even sadder to see how many northerners fly that rebel rag which represented slavery (read the state secession articles and southern speeches of the time) and treason.

Thankfully the historical narrative is undergoing a much needed correction. Enjoy your Lost Cause while you can, treason sympathizers.

Signed,

Proud great great grandson of a brave Union soldier who was severely injured putting down the southern slaver rebellion.

I quote from all 16 secession documents as well as dozens of speeches and more.I do find slavery mentioned among many causes however when placed in its 1860 context, we see it is not the preservation of slavery (it was under no threat North or South) but the federals intrusion on the rights of the states over the issue of slavery. That is also why I have a chapter on the Union before Lincoln degraded us into a nation. Pre 1860 American were not used to being abused by the federal as we are today. So if the federal intruded on an area (slavery or otherwise) they responded as the South did. It was actually more common in the North since the southern representatives controlled the federal for most of our history till that point.

dueSicilie

Bilbo, I was just reading the introduction and it was very good. Are you familiar with Brion McClanahan and the Abbeville Institute?

dueSicilie

Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on December 02, 2023, 01:19:26 PMSad to see how many still buy the Lost Cause myth. Even sadder to see how many northerners fly that rebel rag which represented slavery (read the state secession articles and southern speeches of the time) and treason.

Thankfully the historical narrative is undergoing a much needed correction. Enjoy your Lost Cause while you can, treason sympathizers.

Signed,

Proud great great grandson of a brave Union soldier who was severely injured putting down the southern slaver rebellion.

You also enjoy the Righteous Cause myth.

Why don't you give this book a chance?

There was no treason. The States seceded. If a State secedes from the Union, the men of that State no longer owe allegiance to that Union. The Federal Government is a creature of the States, not the other way around.