Vehicles and Car Seats Don't Benefit Large Families

Started by Mushroom, September 27, 2023, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushroom

I think a school bus or shuttle bus might be an option because passenger vans are expensive where we live, second-hand of course. And the ridiculous amount of taxes even if we buy out of province. 4x4 (all-wheel drive) is a must because of the Canadian winters. Another option is buying two 7-seater vans. Just thinking about the future. In our current sedan, the car seat is so bulky that you can basically put two in the back really.

Greg

Get tinted windows in the back and don't get pulled over.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

The Curt Jester

We got three car seats in the back of our sedan.  If you find the right ones, they will fit.

Also, I had an idea for making a massive booster seat which is basically a seat over a seat.  You buckle it in with the regular seat belts, but it comes with its own so it will transform a three-seat back seat into a four-seater.  Of course, I don't have the capital to start such a thing, so someone with money will have to invent it instead.

Greg?  ;D
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Greg

That has already been invented.   It is called the Multimac.

Legal in some places and less legal in others. 

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-style/multimac-four-seater-child-seat
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

The Curt Jester

1800 pounds before tax is a little on the expensive side.  It would be a good portion of getting a used van instead.  Also, apparently the USA is against these things so they are not able to be used legally here. If you're going illegal, might as well save the money.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"