Living in Russia

Started by LausTibiChriste, October 12, 2021, 02:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Quote from: GiftOfGod on October 28, 2021, 07:39:09 PM
How could a former housecleaner to the President of Russia be worth $100 million?
Where did that money come from? Obviously the Russian government (and whoever is in control of it) doesn't want people to know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10139909/Russia-blocks-website-exposed-Putins-cleaner-turned-millionaire-mistress.html

By the way, what sort of country bans political journalism web sites?

I though some ballerina was his mistress, but perhaps she's now his maîtresse-en-titre (reportedly with some palace near the Black Sea) and the cleaner is the former one. Given the colossal wealth of Barak Obama now (insert nearly all globohomo approved pols) I'm not sure stones can be thrown, and the Daily Mail is not exactly a great source. Maybe the article is calumny or violates local laws on seditious libel. I suppose he's handling things for Russia. Given how journalists shill for financial interests who benefit from the barely disguised inflation (every now liable to going up is excluded so it'll always be 0.2% or whatever), I do not care if someone (like Erdogan or Putin) jails or bankrupts them. Most of them are bad people who deserve whatever happens to them.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

clau clau

Quote from: Prayerful on October 29, 2021, 01:01:48 PM
How could a former housecleaner to the President of Russia be worth $100 million?
Where did that money come from? Obviously the Russian government (and whoever is in control of it) doesn't want people to know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10139909/Russia-blocks-website-exposed-Putins-cleaner-turned-millionaire-mistress.html

I though some ballerina was his mistress, but perhaps she's now his maîtresse-en-titre (reportedly with some palace near the Black Sea) and the cleaner is the former one. Given the colossal wealth of Barak Obama now (insert nearly all globohomo approved pols) I'm not sure stones can be thrown, and the Daily Mail is not exactly a great source. Maybe the article is calumny or violates local laws on seditious libel. I suppose he's handling things for Russia. Given how journalists shill for financial interests who benefit from the barely disguised inflation (every now liable to going up is excluded so it'll always be 0.2% or whatever), I do not care if someone (like Erdogan or Putin) jails or bankrupts them. Most of them are bad people who deserve whatever happens to them.

Do not feed the troll.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

GiftOfGod

Quote from: clau clau on October 29, 2021, 01:28:32 PM

Do not feed the troll.
Go back to your depression nap.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: clau clau on October 29, 2021, 01:28:32 PM

Do not feed the troll.

Dear CLAU CLAU,
Thank you for your post! :thumbsup: I agree with you!
May God Bless you & your loved ones! :pray3:

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Christe Eleison on October 31, 2021, 06:03:28 AM
Dear CLAU CLAU,
Thank you for your post! :thumbsup: I agree with you!
May God Bless you & your loved ones! :pray3:
You overuse that praying emoji. It's in almost all of your posts.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Kephapaulos

I have been reading more about Russia lately these days. A very fascinating country indeed! I saw a little of one of the videos in the thread and have seen others.

Greg,

it looks like you have high recommendations for Russia. Would you still recommend finding a wife over there too? Would there be difficulty in conversion for woman there though since it seems the Russian Orthodox still have some adversity toward West (unless that pertains more to the Orthodox clergy from what I have understood before)?

The mother of one of the families of my SSPX chapel told me on Sunday about how in a sense the church in Russia is "hostage" with there still be being the schism between it and Rome. Nevertheless, it seems Putin has done a lot of good over there, whatever his motives might be. He sure seems to have more substance than our own U.S. President currently.