My wedding anniversary

Started by Jayne, May 17, 2020, 08:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Today my husband and I celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.  Earlier in the year we had been discussing holding some sort of big family party on this day, but of course that is not happening now.

Here is what actually happened.  Youngest son, who recently turned legal drinking age and does not know what he is doing yet, managed to get much too drunk last night.  He was brought home by friends where he vomited on the carpet and fell asleep.  Our daughter, concerned that it was alcohol poisoning, came and woke us up to deal with the situation. 

My husband, by long family custom, deals with late night crises while I do the early morning ones.  So he got Tomas into bed and did the initial clean up.  But I awakened this morning around 5:30 to the words, "Happy anniversary.  You better go check on Tomas and see how he is doing."

Currently everyone in the house besides me is asleep.  Son is sleeping it off and husband and daughter are making up for lost sleep.  My body clock does not let me sleep in the mornings but I expect to conk out in the afternoon. 

Of course, this has not been a completely negative experience.  As a Korean drama fan, I appreciated being able to act out a scene that appears in the vast majority of them.  I even gave my son honey water, which is a standard Korean hangover treatment.  (Who knew that K-drama LARPing was a thing?)  And I daresay my husband appreciated this opportunity to recapture his youth, since it was much like the earlier years of marriage when we were constantly awakened in the night by babies.

Right from the start we were never a conventional couple.  We played the Star Wars theme for our wedding recessional. We toured a nuclear power plant for our honeymoon.  Somehow this seems like a fitting 40th anniversary for us. I am well on my way to convincing myself that this was funny and/or romantic. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Stu Cool

Quote from: Jayne on May 17, 2020, 08:58:15 AM
We played the Star Wars theme for our wedding recessional.

Our wedding party was introduced to the Star Wars theme during our reception while my wife and I came in to the Imperial March with me wearing a Darth Vader mask and she was wearing a storm trooper.  It was my idea.

Happy Anniversary.

Michael Wilson

Congratulations! Many more happy years and my prayers for you and your husband.  :pray2:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jayne

Quote from: Stu Cool on May 17, 2020, 11:17:30 AM
Quote from: Jayne on May 17, 2020, 08:58:15 AM
We played the Star Wars theme for our wedding recessional.

Our wedding party was introduced to the Star Wars theme during our reception while my wife and I came in to the Imperial March with me wearing a Darth Vader mask and she was wearing a storm trooper.  It was my idea.

Happy Anniversary.

You are obviously very cool.  But then we already knew that because of your name.   :cheeseheadbeer:
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bonaventure

I am late but congratulations.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."