More California Redwood Trees in UK than in California

Started by Greg, March 13, 2024, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

They like our weather.

I grew one, until my autistic son managed to knock it over (it was in a pot of sandy soil) and kill it.

The bigger ones are old enough now that they can reproduce.

I am going to grow another.

---

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Nice.  There's also more trees in North America now than when the Europeans first arrived, but we're killing too many trees according to environmentalists!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Frank

Quote from: Greg on March 13, 2024, 07:13:40 AMThey like our weather.

I grew one, until my autistic son managed to knock it over (it was in a pot of sandy soil) and kill it.

The bigger ones are old enough now that they can reproduce.

I am going to grow another.

---

Here's the link
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68518623
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Greg

My computer would not let me cut and paste it.  Some sort of bug
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Mushroom

Those trees wouldn't grow in our zone (we're 2/3) but they're nice looking. Says BC, Canada has them. I'm planning on doing seedlings for cedar, spruce, and pine. Cedar is good for repelling bugs and ticks and the others are wind/snow-breakers and privacy covers. There was a forest fire on our land in the past that wiped out alot of the trees so we have alot of baby trees. Also, farmers will clear-cut for cows and pastures.

Bonaventure

Does this mean you will be making another visit to my neck of the woods any time soon?  :cheeseheadbeer:
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Greg

No, I will be getting the seedlings from sequoia pine cones in Teeston, Kent