Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: Prayerful on January 01, 2020, 05:51:31 PM
Netflix's The Irishman. Good.

My sister saw that independently of Netflix (it came out earlier).  On her recommendation I will at least be reading the book I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran & Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

red solo cup

Not bad. It was weird what they did to De Niro's face to make him look younger.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

martin88nyc

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 01, 2020, 06:10:17 PM

My sister saw that independently of Netflix (it came out earlier).  On her recommendation I will at least be reading the book I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran & Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa
They shot some scenes in my neighborhood. St. Matthias Church (my local parish) is featured in one of them.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

martin88nyc

Togo (2019)
Magnificent. One of the best movies of 2019.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

red solo cup

Up in the Air with George Clooney. Very good.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: red solo cup on January 27, 2020, 04:28:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRD8jAk274I&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0SGwBGlrzdUZnI6CoMnSqkN9ix0I7dQOgNWJbI2obUpL06j0Yv_i_ISwY

Side note: despite swords and sorcery cliches, women would probably not make good bowmen because a decent war bow requires a lot of strength to draw and aim .

maryslittlegarden

Rewatching the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

I watched "The Scarlet and the Black" a few nights ago.  Enjoyable movie, although it had that stilted 1950s dialogue.  :lol:

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Mono no aware

The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum.  A beautiful and tragic pre-war Japanese film set in the the Meiji era.  It centers around kabuki theater, and is about two kinds of love: romantic love and love of art.  In this movie they entwine.

red solo cup

Quote from: Pon de Replay on March 22, 2020, 06:52:24 AM
The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum.  A beautiful and tragic pre-war Japanese film set in the the Meiji era.  It centers around kabuki theater, and is about two kinds of love: romantic love and love of art.  In this movie they entwine.

Where did you see this?

red solo cup

Giri/Haji and Patrick Melrose. Both very good.

Mono no aware

Quote from: red solo cup on March 22, 2020, 08:03:57 AMWhere did you see this?

Netflix has it available in their shipping library.  It's a 2016 Criterion edition.  Netflix has it on DVD, although a Blu-Ray version looks to be available on the retail market.  (Netflix is inattentive, unfortunately, when it comes to classics and foreign).  No complaints on the print, though Blu-Ray has spoiled me for crispness of picture.  The subtitles are pixelated but perfectly legible.  The film itself is great.

Philip G.

I have been watching the black and white sherlock holmes movies starring basil Rathbone.   They are really good.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

red solo cup

Lincoln Lawyer. Entertaining.