Tucker Carlson calls out Trump's campaign lawyer over claims of election fraud

Started by GiftOfGod, November 20, 2020, 10:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TradGranny

Tucker failed to have his staff research the boatload of info already released. He wants to be the Prima Dona, with the top researcher to come on his show and spoon feed him pre-digested info. She offered to send a top computer expert, but Big Shot Tucker wasn't happy with that.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

John Lamb

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

GiftOfGod

Quote from: TradGranny on November 21, 2020, 01:59:46 PM
Tucker failed to have his staff research the boatload of info already released. He wants to be the Prima Dona, with the top researcher to come on his show and spoon feed him pre-digested info. She offered to send a top computer expert, but Big Shot Tucker wasn't happy with that.

Why have Trump's lawyers only made such outlandish claims OUTSIDE the courtroom? Could it be that legal ethics, and the law, prohibit lying to judges? Why have almost all of the lawsuits been dismissed or dropped? Tucker is being prudent here because he doesn't want to tie himself to a sinking ship.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Vetus Ordo

Let's be honest: if this were the other way around and the Democrats were claiming massive voter fraud after Trump claimed victory, including accusations of machine software changing the votes and having most of their lawsuits dismissed or dropped by the courts, conservatives would be laughing in their faces. That's just how it is, rerum natura. In that scenario, if Tucker Carlson asked Biden's lawyer for evidence and she refused, he wouldn't be a "media whore" or a "prima dona" but he would be "fighting the good fight."
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Graham

Four years ago a sizable faction of liberals claimed Trump won due to Russian election interference. Recounts were held. Conservatives took it somewhat seriously, some of them for much longer than was excusable. The investigation they approved hobbled Trump's first term. So you're wrong. Liberals and conservatives are not interchangeably partisan and dishonest, and the scant 2016 evidence for Russian interference is not commensurate or comparable with the evidence for 2020 democrat fraud. Tucker is behaving like a spineless 2016-era Sessions style Republican, because he's a journalist, and All Journalists Are Bastards (AJAB).

Graham

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 21, 2020, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: TradGranny on November 21, 2020, 01:59:46 PM

Why have Trump's lawyers only made such outlandish claims OUTSIDE the courtroom? Could it be that legal ethics, and the law, prohibit lying to judges? Why have almost all of the lawsuits been dismissed or dropped? Tucker is being prudent here because he doesn't want to tie himself to a sinking ship.

Are you a lawyer? Can you explain why you believe they would be at pains to avoid perjury, but not at pains to avoid public defamation of Dominion?

Having seen Giuliani in operation over the past couple years, I am not a fan. He comes from a Bannon/Stone/Flynn school of political theatrics that I find patronizing. But as with Trump there's more to these people than the theatrics they engage in, and they have people behind the scenes who aren't theatrical whatsoever.

King Wenceslas

Don't you know, Democrats in Philadelphia and Detroit would never, never cheat. Baby killers and homo promoters would never do a despicable thing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Graham on November 21, 2020, 03:41:16 PM
Four years ago a sizable faction of liberals claimed Trump won due to Russian election interference. Recounts were held. Conservatives took it somewhat seriously, some of them for much longer than was excusable. The investigation they approved hobbled Trump's first term. So you're wrong. Liberals and conservatives are not interchangeably partisan and dishonest, and the scant 2016 evidence for Russian interference is not commensurate or comparable with the evidence for 2020 democrat fraud. Tucker is behaving like a spineless 2016-era Sessions style Republican, because he's a journalist, and All Journalists Are Bastards (AJAB).

At a.gut level I share Tucker's impatience for more evidence that will overwhelm even the courts, but not a claim that I should get it before the courts.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Graham

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 21, 2020, 06:54:55 PM

At a.gut level I share Tucker's impatience for more evidence that will overwhelm even the courts, but not a claim that I should get it before the courts.

I too want all the "bombshell" evidence right now. And maybe it's a dud. Idk. Maybe a dementia patient really did smash all previous voter turnout records from the comfort of his basement. Maybe he did achieve 90%+ turnout in counties that normally see 65. Maybe that mythical pipe did burst and the vote counters in Philadelphia, Atlanta and Detroit were just so tuckered out that they needed an honest to goodness nap at 11. Maybe those 4 am batches truly swung 90% Biden. But I don't think so. I really don't.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Graham on November 21, 2020, 07:53:07 PM
Quote from: Non Nobis on November 21, 2020, 06:54:55 PM

I too want all the "bombshell" evidence right now. And maybe it's a dud. Idk. Maybe a dementia patient really did smash all previous voter turnout records from the comfort of his basement. Maybe he did achieve 90%+ turnout in counties that normally see 65. Maybe that mythical pipe did burst and the vote counters in Philadelphia, Atlanta and Detroit were just so tuckered out that they needed an honest to goodness nap at 11. Maybe those 4 am batches truly swung 90% Biden. But I don't think so. I really don't.

I don't dismiss the fraud and the steal because the case is a dud.  But I am hearing nothing, absolutely nothing, that indicates they have any kind of case or a way to prove it.

As I said on day one, every judge is going to tell Trump to pound sand.  So where are they going to get a hearing in which to present this statistical evidence. 

It will be really interesting if the Supreme Court were to hand an election to Trump based on a theory and statistical analysis. 

If a Supreme Court hearing even happens, my guess is that it would occur to wind down the Trump supporters in order to finally accept the defeat.  In other words it would be all show.  And why shouldn't it be that way?  The entire country is one big show. 

Anything Trump is digging up Biden's camp is ready to defend.  So please don't tell me to not ask how this legal strategy might work.  She could give some bare bones thumbnail of the strategy.  That she doesn't when Tucker asks leads me to believe she is being evasive.  In other words, until I hear a little more I consider the entire thing to be fake news. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

james03

QuoteHaving seen Giuliani in operation over the past couple years, I am not a fan.

Giuliani is based.  How quickly we forget all the flack he got when he announced early that he had a slew of evidence from Ukraine.  Then a little less than a year later all the Hunter crap drops.  He's a man to take seriously.

Again, at this point it is all speculation and psy-ops.  It's fun to speculate, but before Thanksgiving we aren't going to hear much about Trump's game plan.  And we only have a few more weeks til Dec. 13.  We'll know soon enough whether they have a case or not.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Lynne

Quote from: james03 on November 22, 2020, 03:16:55 PM
Tucker is a cuck.

Yes, controlled opposition.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/11/19/the-agenda-of-fox-news-many-have-forgotten-and-perhaps-many-more-do-not-know/

It was in 2014 when writer Mickey Kaus was chastised by Tucker Carlson, then a Fox contributor and now prime-time show host, for writing an article in the Daily Caller outlining the relationship between Rupert Murdoch, his company Fox News, the talking heads under his control and authority, and Murdoch's request for pro-amnesty propaganda to be broadcast on the network.

Tucker Carlson took down the article from the Daily Caller, and subsequently Mickey Kaus quit in disgust over the agenda-driven editorial decision. Apparently some things are just too sensitive for sunlight and exposure.

Lots of interesting info at that link...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"