«The Principle» documentary trailer

Started by Geremia, December 09, 2013, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Quote from: GloriaPatri on January 17, 2014, 04:19:03 PM
Quote from: Greg on January 17, 2014, 01:00:35 PM
Keep up to date will you GP?

http://blogs.voanews.com/science-world/2013/03/26/speed-of-light-may-not-be-constant/

A single paper/study/article is hardly worth anything. It presents a possibility that may or may not be true. But even if it were true the speed of light would've only changed by a few percentage points. It is not some drastic change. Nor does that overturn any scientific theories.

Is it constant in a vacuum or not?  If it changes it ain't constant.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Geremia

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 17, 2014, 03:59:57 PM
Quote from: Geremia on January 17, 2014, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 17, 2014, 01:41:59 PMReally geremia? You know something about God the Church doesnt. I know of no other place Christ existed as a human other than heaven.
Nor do I, but it is a possibility, and the Church hasn't ruled it out; see Summa Theologica III q. 3 a. 7 ("Whether one Divine Person can assume two human natures?").
What possibility could there be? None has been suggested by scripture/ Tradition/Church Teaching. What COULD be is irrelevant as to what actually was.
Not everything that is is in Scripture, Tradition, or Church Teaching. It isn't dogma (that I know of) that the 2nd Person of the Holy Trinity assumed one and only one human nature, is it?

John 21:25: "But there are also many other things which Jesus did; which, if they were written every one, the world itself, I think, would not be able to contain the books that should be written."

Geremia

Quote from: Greg on January 17, 2014, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: GloriaPatri on January 17, 2014, 04:19:03 PM
Quote from: Greg on January 17, 2014, 01:00:35 PM
Keep up to date will you GP?

http://blogs.voanews.com/science-world/2013/03/26/speed-of-light-may-not-be-constant/

A single paper/study/article is hardly worth anything. It presents a possibility that may or may not be true. But even if it were true the speed of light would've only changed by a few percentage points. It is not some drastic change. Nor does that overturn any scientific theories.

Is it constant in a vacuum or not?  If it changes it ain't constant.
Paul Dirac wrote an interesting paper for the Commentarii Pontificia Academia scientiarum (he was a academician of the Pontifical Academy of the Sciences): "Does the gravitational constant vary?."