«The Principle» documentary trailer

Started by Geremia, December 09, 2013, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Oldavid on January 09, 2014, 03:14:28 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 09, 2014, 05:06:24 AM
I didnt say you didnt know anything I assert you dont know as much as you think. And its easy for you to troll slam Mr Sungenis since he is not here to answer you and you can hide behind a fake name. He puts himself out there and makes his case. Considering how he behaves compared to you...I am more inclined to think he doesnt sell snake oil...but you are just a snake striking from the hidden high grass.
You silly boy. I didn't come down in the last shower.
Sorry but I have no Idea what thats supposed to me?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Sbyvl36

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 08, 2014, 08:13:08 PM
Quote from: Oldavid on December 19, 2013, 06:25:32 AM
Oh dear!

I think I may have confused an argument on Fisheaters with one not even developed here.

Anyhow, the comments remain without alteration. I am not new to this "debate".
well people who worship at the altar of science are a stubborn lot.
Answer me this>
Has mankind measured or observed all of creation?
Is heaven and hell part of Creation?
Has mankind discovered every single law of physics? or Cosmology?

Indeed.  They refuse to accept any alternative to what scientists currently believe, yet they fail to realize that science is constantly overturning itself.
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Geremia

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on January 10, 2014, 06:48:57 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 08, 2014, 08:13:08 PM
Quote from: Oldavid on December 19, 2013, 06:25:32 AM
Oh dear!

I think I may have confused an argument on Fisheaters with one not even developed here.

Anyhow, the comments remain without alteration. I am not new to this "debate".
well people who worship at the altar of science are a stubborn lot.
Answer me this>
Has mankind measured or observed all of creation?
Is heaven and hell part of Creation?
Has mankind discovered every single law of physics? or Cosmology?

Indeed.  They refuse to accept any alternative to what scientists currently believe, yet they fail to realize that science is constantly overturning itself.
Not completely, though
Science is like a cathedral, a work in progress spanning thousands of years. Many concepts in the history of science are simply tools for further constructing the cathedral, which are later discarded. It's not like the whole cathedral is rebuilt from the ground up every time there's a scientific "paradigm shift."

Greg

This documentary will be utter bullshit.  They will just harvest out of content quotes from scientists and try and spin them to support their pseudo science of geocentricism.

Likewise "Dr." Robert Sungenis does not have a PhD either.  Not in any meaningful sense.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

GloriaPatri

Geremia and Greg are both right. For one, science never overturns itself. Older theories end up being special cases of newer and more general theories. For example, Newton's theory of gravity and its predictions were not overturned by Einstein, rather Einstein expanded the theory to the limiting velocity c. But at low velocities Newton's theory is valid. Same for QM and classical mechanics. Quantum Mechanics effects, while felt at the microscopic level, are minimal to the point of insignificance at the macroscopic level.

And Greg is right. Quotes will be taken out of context, fallacies will be made, and they'll come up with the unwarranted conclusion that the Sun, weighing in at over 1 million Earth masses, somehow revolves around the tiny speck that is our planet.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Greg on January 16, 2014, 07:03:22 PM
This documentary will be utter bullshit.  They will just harvest out of content quotes from scientists and try and spin them to support their pseudo science of geocentricism.

Likewise "Dr." Robert Sungenis does not have a PhD either.  Not in any meaningful sense.
Nothing like a little poison in the well.
What possible dog do you have in this other than your love of the material? Really the utter hostility to the possibility of the atheist gods of science being questioned astounds me. The hostility to the idea that the Planet Earth is really a special and utterly unique thing in the universe is just self loathing and utter disrespect and a lack of appreciation to the miracle that is Life. You guys dwell on the edge of the culture of death.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: GloriaPatri on January 16, 2014, 07:21:02 PM
Geremia and Greg are both right. For one, science never overturns itself. Older theories end up being special cases of newer and more general theories. For example, Newton's theory of gravity and its predictions were not overturned by Einstein, rather Einstein expanded the theory to the limiting velocity c. But at low velocities Newton's theory is valid. Same for QM and classical mechanics. Quantum Mechanics effects, while felt at the microscopic level, are minimal to the point of insignificance at the macroscopic level.

And Greg is right. Quotes will be taken out of context, fallacies will be made, and they'll come up with the unwarranted conclusion that the Sun, weighing in at over 1 million Earth masses, somehow revolves around the tiny speck that is our planet
You are acting the utterly contemptible arse when calumniating against your brother Catholics with quotes from- most likely in hell- atheistic physicists like Sagan. The earth is not a tiny speck....it is the ONLY place in the known Universe where Life exists...Our utterly Immense and unfathomable God and Savior suffered died and was buried...and ascended to heaven from this incredibly important and beloved planet called Earth. Shame on you both.

911!

GloriaPatri

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 16, 2014, 07:48:34 PM

And Greg is right. Quotes will be taken out of context, fallacies will be made, and they'll come up with the unwarranted conclusion that the Sun, weighing in at over 1 million Earth masses, somehow revolves around the tiny speck that is our planet
You are acting the utterly contemptible arse when calumniating against your brother Catholics with quotes from- most likely in hell- atheistic physicists like Sagan. The earth is not a tiny speck....it is the ONLY place in the known Universe where Life exists...Our utterly Immense and unfathomable God and Savior suffered died and was buried...and ascended to heaven from this incredibly important and beloved planet called Earth. Shame on you both.

You misunderstand me Voxx. I am saying the Earth is physically insignificant in its size. It's tiny as far as cosmic objects go. I'm not saying that it is metaphysically or spiritually insignificant.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: GloriaPatri on January 16, 2014, 08:23:57 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 16, 2014, 07:48:34 PM

You misunderstand me Voxx. I am saying the Earth is physically insignificant in its size. It's tiny as far as cosmic objects go. I'm not saying that it is metaphysically or spiritually insignificant.
I understand that but if that is the case why bring it up...what does this fact bring against the geocentric position? At least the geocentric position I hold. Ok so the physics of the day hold it seemingly impossible that the earth is the center of the universe in the sense of a solely mechanistic universe. But the Universe is much much more than an immense automoton is it not? Where is what Chesterton called the "magic" or the romance if you will....Earth is a BEYOND THE LORD OF THE RINGS type kingdom....it is practically beyond our comprehension how amazing this Sphere God created for us...with us....and for Him.....and by Him. I am not approaching this as a superstition-ist as old david would like to accuse...nor am I a Luddite....but unless you see that our faith is to be like that of a child or we can no way enter the kingdom...unless you see the danger the scientism of the day holds...and the utter destruction and hate and death has occur ed because of its arrogant assumptions up to our day ...you will never get where Im coming from. Your math is correct...your assumptions about what the math is telling us as Gods children is all wrong...most completely.

911!

GloriaPatri

My point is that the Earth is physically insignificant when compared to the sun. It is a universally observed truth that smaller, less massive objects orbit around larger, more massive ones. The Earth is no exception to that rule.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: GloriaPatri on January 16, 2014, 09:06:56 PM
My point is that the Earth is physically insignificant when compared to the sun. It is a universally observed truth that smaller, less massive objects orbit around larger, more massive ones. The Earth is no exception to that rule.
Is an electron insignificant to its atom? The earth is smaller than the sun...but it is not physically insignificant.

911!

Christknight104

Lawrence Krauss, one of the eminent scientists interviewed for the "The Principle," has disassociated his part in Sungenis's documentary,  stating:

"That they use me to argue for something that is I know is wrong demonstrates that the word nonsense is charitable."

https://twitter.com/LKrauss1/statuses/413110311160266752

Greg

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 16, 2014, 09:10:21 PM
Is an electron insignificant to its atom? The earth is smaller than the sun...but it is not physically insignificant.

It can lose electrons and swap out electrons and share them with other atoms.

So in a word, yes.

Electrons are the Chinese slave labourers of particle physics.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Sbyvl36

And Greg is right. Quotes will be taken out of context, fallacies will be made, and they'll come up with the unwarranted conclusion that the Sun, weighing in at over 1 million Earth masses, somehow revolves around the tiny speck that is our planet.

You're joking, right?
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Greg on January 17, 2014, 04:20:08 AM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 16, 2014, 09:10:21 PM

It can lose electrons and swap out electrons and share them with other atoms.

So in a word, yes.

Electrons are the Chinese slave labourers of particle physics.
yes but it changes the atoms nature does it not? And you may be making my point in another way.....you seem to hold the Earth to be insignificant no better than a slave laborer of the cosmos?

911!