Bacon = Secret to Longevity

Started by Lyubov, May 08, 2013, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LouisIX

I've eaten dog treats before.  Not very good.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Archer

Quote from: LouisIX on June 10, 2013, 07:04:27 PM
I've eaten dog treats before.  Not very good.

I've also tried one.  I spat it out. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

MilesChristi

one question I have, how is canadian bacon really bacon?
its more of a ham to me
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Lyubov

Quote from: MilesChristi on June 10, 2013, 11:14:47 PM
one question I have, how is canadian bacon really bacon?
its more of a ham to me

Back bacon (called "Canadian bacon" in the United States), is classified as a type of "bacon" because it is a cured meat taken from a pig. That's really all "bacon" means! The term "bacon" refers more to the process of curing the meat than the cut from which it comes. Ham is also generally cured, but the brine is of a different type.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Greg

To me "ham" is cured or cooked pork you eat without the need for cooking it.

Bacon, whatever cut it is (back, middle or streaky) needs to be cooked before eating it.

Then there is Pancetta, some people eat that raw, which is less risky that eating raw bacon, but I would not do it.

Americans tend to eat streaky bacon made from the belly of the pig.  Brits, and I would assume Canadians, tend to eat back bacon.

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/articles/the-meat-guide-bacon

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on June 11, 2013, 06:20:05 AM
Americans tend to eat streaky bacon made from the belly of the pig.  Brits, and I would assume Canadians, tend to eat back bacon.

I have never gotten the impression that Canadians eat more back bacon than side bacon.  I'm Canadian and I prefer fatty side bacon (although, as I do with all meat, I try to eat "organic").
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Greg on June 10, 2013, 06:41:46 PM
Pedigree Chum is a dog food.

Okay, good.   :tongue:

I actually tried one of my dog's treats rather recently.  It's special jerky that's "human grade" and it didn't taste bad, just less seasoned than the stuff meant for people.  It's pure beef jerky with no spices. 
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

piabee

Downside of living alone: I can never get through a whole pack of bacon before it goes bad.

Pheo

Quote from: piabee on June 11, 2013, 11:44:53 AM
Downside of living alone: I can never get through a whole pack of bacon before it goes bad.

I always freeze mine in bags with 3 or 4 pieces in each.  A pack lasts me a pretty long time, but that way it doesn't go bad.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

piabee

Quote from: Pheo on June 11, 2013, 11:53:34 AM
Quote from: piabee on June 11, 2013, 11:44:53 AM

I always freeze mine in bags with 3 or 4 pieces in each.  A pack lasts me a pretty long time, but that way it doesn't go bad.

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!

Jayne

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Jayne

It looks like a great meal, maryslittlegarden.  :beer:

LouisIX

KK, Mrs. Featherbottom, and I had some of these recently.  There was molasses for dipping.  Not bad, but I think bacon is better when it's thinner like traditional strips.

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.