Trying to buy the UK Harry Potter ebooks

Started by Bernadette, September 10, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

But the Pottermore site won't let me. There used to be a way to gift them to yourself, but the UK versions just don't show up on the US site anymore.

Anybody in the UK (or Canada) willing to "gift" them to me? I'd paypal you the cost first, of course.
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on September 10, 2018, 09:21:38 PM
But the Pottermore site won't let me. There used to be a way to gift them to yourself, but the UK versions just don't show up on the US site anymore.

Anybody in the UK (or Canada) willing to "gift" them to me? I'd paypal you the cost first, of course.
Aren't Harry Potter books "evil"? I would like to know because I liked the movies?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Bernadette

Opinions vary on that. I've never found them detrimental.
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

This is a comment to a video from sensum fidelium youtube channel" "Fr Chad Ripperger in one of his excellent talks said that J K Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, wrote them under the influence of the occult practice of automatic writing . Fr Ripperger screenshotted her admittance of this fact which she later removed. Truly, the source of the Harry Potter books is Hell. For anyone with these books in their house burn them and tell others to do the same.?"

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGNaruEYOE0[/yt]
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Bernadette

It's a polarizing topic, I guess.

Edit: Just realized that this would probably fit better under the Buy Sell Trade subforum.  ::)
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

I really enjoyed Harry Potter movies but after reading some stuff about the author and the books I decided not to watch these movies. There is something mysteriously  enticing about the series and the movies. the fact that real spells and demonic names are used makes me cringe.

MilesChristi

Why the UK version? Trying to learn to lace up those trainers?
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

My pastor reaffirmed just this past Sunday the evil nature of Harry Potter and the inspirations the author used to write. Stay away.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

clau clau

... and she's buying a stairway to Hogwarts</sarcasm>.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Bernadette

Quote from: MilesChristi on September 11, 2018, 05:54:52 AM
Why the UK version? Trying to learn to lace up those trainers?

I'd like to read them as they were originally written. :)
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Problem solved. I was able to buy them from Amazon(.co.uk).  :P
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

GloriaPatri

I fail to see how anything about Harry Potter is particularly evil. Magic in-universe is an inborn, genetic trait. It's not gained by making pacts with Satan. And beyond Voldemort's making of Horcruxes, there's nothing really occultish or demonic about the magic in the books.

Edit: Oh, Bernadette: Are you getting the ebooks with the animated pictures? If so please let me know if they're worth the buy!  ;D

Bernadette

Quote from: GloriaPatri on September 11, 2018, 12:24:52 PM

Edit: Oh, Bernadette: Are you getting the ebooks with the animated pictures? If so please let me know if they're worth the buy!  ;D

I tried the first one with the animated pictures, and wasn't impressed with it. Looking back, I don't think I had the animation activated.
My Lord and my God.

MilesChristi

Voldemort did nothing wrong.

We must secure the existence of our kind, and a future for pureblood children.

Gas the goblins, magical war now
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.