The Truth about Sugar, Carbs, and Fats

Started by Croix de Fer, September 16, 2020, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 17, 2020, 10:17:24 AM
I know from experience. My longtime diet has been 80% - 90%  carbs/sugar, 10% - 15% protein, and 5% - 10% fat.
I'm single digit body fat and lean musculature. I have the energy to run at least 55 miles a week. My strength-to-weight ratio is in the top 1% of men. I still have the mental and physical energy to get things done in life, even after all of my fitness training.

I'm willing to bet every dissident who commented here is at least somewhat overweight and they can't tackle 1/10 of my physical regimen. What's your body fat %? The scale doesn't lie. Even more true, the body fat scale doesn't lie. Your ketosis brains and bodies simply can't hang with a specimen like me.

I have the science and experience to back it all up.

I bet you don't have the balls to ride a shopping cart out of the grocery store like a skateboard, though, wussy.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Croix de Fer

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2020, 10:35:08 AM
And this is me leading the London Marathon in 1988.  Every dog has his day.

Since then I got married to a beautiful Russian woman, had six children and got fat and old.

You let yourself deteriorate and get soft. Your wife is likely turned off by that, and she only sticks around because of the Rothschild-spawned fiat currency that you've accumulated over the years through your daily interface with, and dependence on, the Jewish matrix.

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2020, 10:35:08 AMYou're thin, but single.  You'll be old too, just like the rest of us.  But you'll always be single, because you're a giant w4nker and women are not stupid enough to marry you.

Lame attempt to get me to reveal my marital status and personal life details. (Could my profile page really be true?) That dog won't hunt. You'll just have to keep wondering and probing (and, perhaps, be envious).

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2020, 10:35:08 AMI have the experience of neo-nazi Trads to back this up.

Are you recommending that I get a prescription of Antisemitox?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRukL_SRxUA[/yt]
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

awkwardcustomer

I know from experience. My longtime diet has been 80% - 90%  carbs/sugar, 10% - 15% protein, and 5% - 10% fat.
I'm single digit body fat and lean musculature. I have the energy to run at least 55 miles a week. My strength-to-weight ratio is in the top 1% of men. I still have the mental and physical energy to get things done in life, even after all of my fitness training.

I'm willing to bet every dissident who commented here is at least somewhat overweight and they can't tackle 1/10 of my physical regimen. What's your body fat %? The scale doesn't lie. Even more true, the body fat scale doesn't lie. Your ketosis brains and bodies simply can't hang with a specimen like me.

I have the science and experience to back it all up.

I'm not overweight.  Not at all.  I used to eat just like you and still wasn't overweight.  And I was also extremely active and although I didn't run, I used to walk miles on a regular basis.  Tests revealed that I had high blood sugar levels which put me in the 'worry' zone according to my doctor.

I also know a lean, very active, healthy looking man who used to eat just like you, until he was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes.

I don't know how long you've been eating such a high carb diet.  But I also know that thin people get Type II Diabetes, fatty liver disease and associated inflammatory conditions from high carbohydrate diets like yours.  But they don't get fat.  This is not as well known as the stereotypical fat, lazy person who develops the condition, but it is definitely known about in medical circles and is becoming more and more common.

Do you get hungry every couple of hours and just have to eat?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Greg

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 17, 2020, 10:53:45 AM

Lame attempt to get me to reveal my marital status and personal life details.

You admitted you were single at Cathinfo.com just before you were banned 2 years ago, and the YouTube video account you keep posting videos from on this forum (so it is very probably yours) has men complaining about married life and what a horrible deal it is for men.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-mNH2zWEwlff8r98XGr3Yg/videos

So the smart money says you are still single.  Because recently married men don't bitch about that.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

TheReturnofLive

Since then I got married to a beautiful Russian woman, had six children and got fat and old.

What a chad
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

TheReturnofLive

You let yourself deteriorate and get soft. Your wife is likely turned off by that, and she only sticks around because of the Rothschild-spawned fiat currency that you've accumulated over the years through your daily interface with, and dependence on, the Jewish matrix.

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Greg

she only sticks around because of the Rothschild-spawned fiat currency that you've accumulated over the years

Women like that don't have 6 children.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: TheReturnofLive on September 17, 2020, 11:27:50 AM

What a chad

I did not usually wear tights (kinda hot for one thing) but the number needed to be displayed on the front by AAA's rules (or they could drag me out of the race and disqualify me), so I wore tights so the message on the vest could be read by the TV viewer and pinned the number to my leg, thereby obeying all the rules.

David Alton was watching it live (just casually) and later on I got a call from him and Phyllis Bowman and John Smeaton.  They were all shocked I got on TV.  In those days there was no internet so a significant number of the UK population watched the London Marathon on Sunday morning because many had a friend or relative running in it.

It was shortly before the Alton Bill was debated in Parliament.

https://righttolife.org.uk/news/lord-alton-40-years/

Jayne

Quote from: TheReturnofLive on September 17, 2020, 11:28:49 AM

I'm not sure what you are trying to say by posting this video.

For those who do not know, this is a performance by Sacha Baron Cohen (obviously a Jew with that name) in character as Borat a stupid anti-semite.  This scene purports to show him singing to an unwitting American audience which cheerfully goes along with the outrageously violent sentiments.

So perhaps Live is suggesting that Croix-de-Fer is a Jewish instigator pretending to hold his opinions so that we will agree and look bad.

On the other hand, that scene was edited to give an appearance that Cohen was fooling the audience and that normal Americans have no problem with violence against Jews.  In fact, the entire performance had made it clear by this point that he was joking and the audience was not agreeing with the words of the song.  As presented, this show was a manipulative use of media to portray Jews according to a narrative in which they are treated as persecuted and in constant danger from latent anti-semitism. 

So this may be the aspect of the video to which Live wishes to draw attention. 

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Croix de Fer

I'm, also, a former boxer. High carb/sugar and low fat diet is the best source of fuel to endure physical adversity.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Jayne on September 17, 2020, 12:33:07 PM
Quote from: TheReturnofLive on September 17, 2020, 11:28:49 AM

I'm not sure what you are trying to say by posting this video.

For those who do not know, this is a performance by Sacha Baron Cohen (obviously a Jew with that name) in character as Borat a stupid anti-semite.  This scene purports to show him singing to an unwitting American audience which cheerfully goes along with the outrageously violent sentiments.

So perhaps Live is suggesting that Croix-de-Fer is a Jewish instigator pretending to hold his opinions so that we will agree and look bad.

On the other hand, that scene was edited to give an appearance that Cohen was fooling the audience and that normal Americans have no problem with violence against Jews.  In fact, the entire performance had made it clear by this point that he was joking and the audience was not agreeing with the words of the song.  As presented, this show was a manipulative use of media to portray Jews according to a narrative in which they are treated as persecuted and in constant danger from latent anti-semitism. 

So this may be the aspect of the video to which Live wishes to draw attention.

I'm mocking him.

The Theosist

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 17, 2020, 03:51:37 AM
Dr John McDougall is a vegan and the term  'peer-reviewed science' means nothing other than flaky and deceptive science. He is talking so much rubbish in the video that it is almost unbearable.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O9rb9ZGzts[/yt]

His brain must look like Swiss cheese.

The Theosist

I'm single digit body fat and lean musculature. I have the energy to run at least 55 miles a week. My strength-to-weight ratio is in the top 1% of men.

This sounds like vegan talk, and whenever vegans talk like this, the translation is skinny little bitch. Strength gain to mass gain is a game of diminishing returns, so the midgets are always stronger pound-for-pound of lean body mass, and anybody who does "at least 55 miles" of running a week without being on anabolic steroids and walks around with a body fat percentage in the single digits is going to be half-anorexic.

No strong man says this: "My strength-to-weight ratio is in the top 1% of men."  :cheesehead: :o :cheeseheadbeer:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm-cIP3J7rA[/yt]

5-10% fat in your diet? Dear god, how does your body even utilise the few fat-soluble vitamins you get? And your Omega-3 fatty acids must be terrible. No wonder you come across in the same way long-term vegans do. And no wonder your percentages don't add up to 100.

Croix de Fer

The problem with Dr. McDougall is he sometimes contradicts himself about white rice, fruits and refined sugar. He'll sometimes be phobic about "too much" of it, but what he states and his references in this thread's original video are true. The subsequent science I posted backs it up.

The Theosist

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 16, 2020, 09:01:54 PM
More:

A rice-fruit diet reverses ECG changes in hypertension.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24996514

Dietary intake of fruit & rice, and abstaining from fats, oils & excess animal protein, reverses hypertension and cures type 2 diabetes.

QuoteAbstract
In 1940, a young German refugee physician scientist at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina began to treat patients with accelerated or "malignant" hypertension with a radical diet consisting of only white rice and fruit, with strikingly favorable results. He reported rapid reduction in blood pressure, rapid improvement in renal failure, papilledema, congestive heart failure and other manifestations of this previously fatal illness. This treatment was based on his theory that the kidney had both an excretory and a metabolic function, and that removing most of the sodium and protein burden from this organ enabled it to regain its normal ability to perform its more important metabolic functions. It was also effective in "ordinary" hypertension, in the absence of the dramatic vasculopathy of the accelerated form. The results were so dramatic that many experienced physicians suspected him of falsifying data. Among these results was the normalization of the ECG changes seen with hypertension. This paper reviews his published experience with this radical therapy, its controversial rise to fame, and its decline in popularity with the advent of effective antihypertensive drugs. It features the ECG changes seen in this then fatal disease, and the reversal of these changes by the rice diet. This treatment, though very difficult for the patient, produced effects which make it equal or superior to current multi-drug treatment of hypertension. A poorly known but important observation was that patients who were able to follow the regime, and who were slowly guided through a gradual modification of the diet over many months, were able to transition into a very tolerable low fat, largely vegetarian diet, while leading a normal, active life, without medications, indicating that the disease state had been permanently modified.

No article, just an abstract, but it appears to be a worthless review of 80-year-old unverified data involving a diet whose long-term effects are not studied. But abstaining from fats will kill you. What do you think a fat-soluble vitamin is?

QuoteImproved Glucose Tolerance with High Carbohydrate Feeding in Mild Diabetes

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM197103112841004

A diet high in carbs & sugars, and low in fats, oils and animal protein, cures type 2 diabetes.

QuoteAbstract

To evaluate the effect of increased dietary carbohydrate in diabetes mellitus, glucose and immunoreactive insulin levels were measured in normal persons and subjects with mild diabetes maintained on basal (45 per cent carbohydrate) and high carbohydrate (85 per cent carbohydrate) diets. Fasting plasma glucose levels fell in all subjects and oral glucose tolerance (0 to 120-minute area) significantly improved after 10 days of high carbohydrate feeding. Fasting insulin levels also were lower on the high carbohydrate diet; however, insulin responses to oral glucose did not significantly change. These data suggest that the high carbohydrate diet increased the sensitivity of peripheral tissues to insulin.
----------------------------------------

Again just an abstract. There's nothing in the abstract about type-2 diabetes being cured. Do you even read these studies you are referencing? How can you even assess what is being said without reading the actual paper? "Oral glucose tolerance (0 to 120-minute area) significantly improved after 10 days of high carbohydrate feeding", and what then? You can improve glucose tolerance by ramping up glucose? To what long-term effect? Making his type-2 diabetes even worse? "Insulin responses to oral glucose did not significantly change", yeah, no surprise.

A prospective study of sugar intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in women.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12663565

Eating sugar and abstaining from fats, oils and excess animal protein cures type 2 diabetes in women.

QuoteAbstract
OBJECTIVE:
To investigate prospectively whether intake of total or type of sugar is associated with the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The contribution of sugar intake to the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes has not been settled in the context of primary prevention because of limited prospective data.

RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS:
The Women's Health Study is a randomized controlled trial of aspirin and vitamin E in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer. A validated semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire was completed by 39,345 women aged 45 years and older. The main outcome was the incidence of type 2 diabetes. The predictor was sugar intake, including sucrose, glucose, fructose, and lactose. Using Cox proportional hazard models, multivariate RRs of type 2 diabetes for increasing quintiles of sugar intake compared with the lowest quintile were estimated.

RESULTS:
Compared with the lowest quintile of sugar intake, the RRs and 95% CIs for the highest quintiles were 0.84 (0.67-1.04) for sucrose, 0.96 (0.78-1.19) for fructose, 1.04 (0.85-1.28) for glucose, and 0.99 (0.80-1.22) for lactose, after adjustment for known risk factors for type 2 diabetes. Similar findings of no association were obtained in subgroup analyses stratified by BMI.

CONCLUSIONS:
Intake of sugars does not appear to play a deleterious role in primary prevention of type 2 diabetes. These prospective data support the recent American Diabetes Association's guideline that a moderate amount of sugar can be incorporated in a healthy diet.
----------------------------------------------------

Another mere abstract. Regardless, taking everything it states for granted, which is never a good idea when it involves non-mathematicians throwing regression models at data, it doesn't remotely imply that "eating sugar and abstaining from fats, oils and excess animal protein cures type 2 diabetes in women." You'd have to be mentally retarded to infer that from the stated results and conclusion.

Increased incidence of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus among Japanese schoolchildren correlates with an increased intake of animal protein and fat.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9492119

Eat excess animal protein and fat, get type 2 diabetes.

QuoteAbstract
Non-insulin dependent diabetes (NIDDM) was diagnosed in 188 of more than 7 million Tokyo schoolchildren tested between 1974 and 1994 for glycosuria followed by oral glucose tolerance testing. The incidence rate of NIDDM in youth has continued to increase since 1976. While the daily energy intake has not changed significantly, the consumption of animal protein and fat by the Japanese population has greatly increased during the past two decades, and this change in diet, with low levels of physical activity, may exacerbate insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.
---------------------------------------

Oh dear, an abstract for an epidemiological study that's finding a positive correlation of type 2 diabetes with animal consumption in Japan. Know what else "correlates" with type-2 diabetes incidences? The number of anime shows on Japanese TV. And time. This is moronic. Stop wasting our time..

A prospective study of red meat consumption and type 2 diabetes in middle-aged and elderly women: the women's health study.[/b]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15333470

Eat red meat, get type 2 diabetes.

QuoteAbstract
OBJECTIVE:
The aim of this study was to prospectively assess the relation between red meat intake and incidence of type 2 diabetes.

RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS:
Over an average of 8.8 years, we evaluated 37,309 participants in the Women's Health Study aged >/=45 years who were free of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes and completed validated semiquantitative food frequency questionnaires in 1993.

RESULTS:
During 326,876 person-years of follow-up, we documented 1,558 incident cases of type 2 diabetes. After adjusting for age, BMI, total energy intake, exercise, alcohol intake, cigarette smoking, and family history of diabetes, we found positive associations between intakes of red meat and processed meat and risk of type 2 diabetes. Comparing women in the highest quintile with those in the lowest quintile, the multivariate-adjusted relative risks (RRs) of type 2 diabetes were 1.28 for red meat (95% CI 1.07-1.53, P < 0.001 for trend) and 1.23 for processed meat intake (1.05-1.45, P = 0.001 for trend). Furthermore, the significantly increased diabetes risk appeared to be most pronounced for frequent consumption of total processed meat (RR 1.43, 95% CI 1.17-1.75 for >/=5/week vs. <1/month, P < 0.001 for trend) and two major subtypes, which were bacon (1.21, 1.06-1.39 for >/=2/week vs. <1/week, P = 0.004 for trend) and hot dogs (1.28, 1.09-1.50 for >/=2/week vs. <1/week, P = 0.003 for trend). These results remained significant after further adjustment for intakes of dietary fiber, magnesium, glycemic load, and total fat. Intakes of total cholesterol, animal protein, and heme iron were also significantly associated with a higher risk of type 2 diabetes.

CONCLUSIONS:
Our data indicate that higher consumption of total red meat, especially various processed meats, may increase risk of developing type 2 diabetes in women.
----------------------------------------

They are picking out specific foods from a dietary questionnaire? Not considering correlations of foods? Adjusting for age, BMI, total energy intake, exercise, alcohol intake, cigarette smoking, and family history of diabetes? Anything they missed? Can we graph a hypercubic elephant and have it dance the cha-cha with this many variables? Throwing linear regression at data like this is retarded and you're even dumber for throwing around an abstract to "prove" your tendentious claims.