Oklahoma votes to allow Constitutional Carry

Started by Gardener, May 03, 2018, 12:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/386030-oklahoma-senators-approve-bill-allowing-adults-to-carry-guns-without

QuoteOklahoma senators approve allowing gun carry without permits

By Morgan Gstalter - 05/03/18 10:15 AM EDT

Oklahoma state senators meet late on Wednesday night to approve a bill that allows adults to carry guns without a license.
The Tulsa World reported that the measure passed 33-9 on a vote just before 11 p.m. after it was added to the agenda late in the afternoon.

The "constitutional carry" bill allows people who are 21 or older and military personnel who are 18 and older to carry a firearm without a permit.
The bill's author, state Sen. Nathan Dahm (R), said it does not change current laws that prohibit guns from being taken to elementary schools, colleges, universities and government buildings.

Democrats questioned whether they should allow people with no training or who are not responsible enough to get the permit to carry firearms.
People are required to get a license to drive a car, state Sen. Kevin Matthews (D) pointed out.
Dahm responded by saying the Second Amendment guarantees a constitutional right to bear arms — not drive a car.

State Sen. Kay Floyd (D) said legislators were not able to properly vet changes to the bill made in the House before the late vote.
"A major policy change should not be made at 10:45 p.m. in the evening a few days before sine die," Floyd said, referring to the end of session.

The bill now heads to the desk of Gov. Mary Fallin (R).

Gov Fallin is expected to sign it.

-----

Alternate headline: Oklahoma votes to be more in line with the US Constitution.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

I'm really surprised they are just now doing this.  Pretty sure the Governor will sign it.  Then comes the challenge, as is happening in Kansas, to keep it in place.  The Left just sees it as a setback and a reason to use any means necessary to get the rubes back into line.  Even if it takes only one tiny step at a time.  In the mean time, good for them!   :thumbsup:  /All the more reason to move back there!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Gardener

America: When the best we have is just OK.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

I like; "America.  At least we're not India" better.  Saw what looked like a gentleman of Indian (dot not feather) descent wearing a t-shirt that said that a few weeks ago.  Cracked me up! *Cue India apologists   ::)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Gardener

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 03, 2018, 02:27:35 PM
I like; "America.  At least we're not India" better.  Saw what looked like a gentleman of Indian (dot not feather) descent wearing a t-shirt that said that a few weeks ago.  Cracked me up! *Cue India apologists   ::)

I once had a conversation with Fr. Angelo Van der Putten about his time in India. I said it must have been neat to be in India and he replied, "Yeah, if you like cultures based on worship of demons."  :leaving:

dymphna17

Quote from: Gardener on May 03, 2018, 02:56:30 PM

I once had a conversation with Fr. Angelo Van der Putten about his time in India. I said it must have been neat to be in India and he replied, "Yeah, if you like cultures based on worship of demons."  :leaving:

Our poor Priests!  I hadn't thought of it like that, but   :rofl:
?

drummerboy

Yep. Hinduism is the oldest (the origins are lost to history, but early forms go back as early as we can find, very well 5000 years old) organized pagan religion that has continued to survive (perhaps thrive is a better word, they have been exposed to, and embrace, modern technology, but see nothing odd about worshiping a blue monkey, for example) till this day; satan's grip is strong on this people.  They now have roughly 1 billion gods, even every family has their own deity they worship (I'm sure that would give Fr. Ripperger something to talk about in relation to inter-generational demons).
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Gardener

I can't freaking believe it. Fallin vetoed it.

http://m.kltv.com/kltv/db_330566/contentdetail.htm?full=true&contentguid=7nQQPYNc&pn=&ps=#display

"The state bureau of investigation, which issues handgun licenses, had opposed the bill, saying it would cost the agency about $4.7 million annually and result in the loss of about 60 full-time positions."

I find that awfully hard to believe. And translation? "Your rights being trampled on make us money."

Go work in the oil fields, faggots.

Here's a pic of Fallin, the rino harpy.

LausTibiChriste

I've been all over the world and in some shitty places, but India is most definitely NOT on my bucket list. If I visit every country but India I will be happy.

The only reason I would go is the food - but England has better curries than India anyways.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

james03

QuoteI can't freaking believe it. Fallin vetoed it.

I believe it.  During the election for Fallin's first term we had a conservative running (Randy Brogdon) who was threatening secession over Obamacare, but at a minimum refusing to enforce it and arresting Feds that tried.  He had something like 60% of the Repubs.

Sarah Palin flies in and goes on a state wide campaign about her "mama Grizzly" Mary Palin.  So women and virtue signaling cuck repubs voted for Fallin.  After that I knew Palin was a fraud.  Why would a national figure from Alaska get involved in an Oklahoma governor race?  She was supporting Obamacare by doing it.

We can't dump Fallin soon enough.  On the bright side she has really galvanized the rightwing/Libertarian side of the Repubs.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"