Traditional Chartres Pilgrimage

Started by benedicite, May 31, 2023, 12:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benedicite

There were so many people that they could not accommodate them all. Could this be a sign of a renewal?

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/2023-traditional-chartres-pilgrimage-reaches-capacity

james03

It's a positive article, however this always irks me:

QuoteThis is also the conclusion of Père Danziec, a well-known pseudonymous commenter in the French Catholic media, who in a tweet compared the attachment to the Traditional Latin Mass to an "irresistible wave."

No, Trads aren't "attached" to the TLM.  We reject Vatican II and we reject the Abomination of Desolation where it should not be, the novus ordo.

So let's rewrite it and correct his mistake:

QuoteThis is also the conclusion of Père Danziec, a well-known pseudonymous commenter in the French Catholic media, who in a tweet compared the Trad rejection of Vatican II and rejection of the Abomination of Desolation where it should not be, the novus ordo, to an "irresistible wave."

This part in the article is interesting:

QuoteFor him, the broadening of the "sounding board" of the Pilgrimage of Our Lady of Christendom is a manifestation of Cardinal Louis-Édouard Pie's 1855 prophecy that "Chartres will become, more than ever, the center of devotion to Mary in the West, and people will flock to it, as in the past, from all parts of the world."
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Greg

Chartres Pilgrimage was always pretty large.  When the SSPX joined in years ago I remember it being close to capacity then.

No doubt the number of Trads is growing.  But it is not doubling every five years.  It's just compound growth which over time adds up to a large increase.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.