Author Topic: Final Perseverance  (Read 251 times)

Offline Insanis

• Feldwebel
Final Perseverance
« on: June 02, 2021, 08:21:12 AM »
Final perseverance is the preservation of the state of grace till the end of life.

Obviously, given this is about the state of the soul at the last moment of life, it is not something we can presume to have, but we can examine the temporal perseverance we have.

Also, we cannot know the state of souls, but we can judge outward declarations and draw conclusions from that.

One of the problems living as a Catholic that I've seen a lot is the apparent strong Catholic faithful leaving the Church one way or another in their life. Some do it repeatedly as well.

We cannot presume to be saved and we must persevere and cooperate with the graces of God, but we can give them up and many do, and many who do never regain what they have lost.

I haven't used forums in years, and I've seen, on forums, people falling away and changing with time. In real life I have known too many people who should still be faithful, not part of the Church at all, and some openly hostile.

They never replace the Church with something that fills them with grace, but they choose to live outside of it and fill their lives with whatever they think will satisfy them. It is very sad to witness.

Quote from: Luke 13:24
Strive to enter by the narrow gate; for many, I say to you, shall seek to enter, and shall not be able.

It isn't "forum drama" to address the paths which are off the narrow gate. There are many dangerous paths people can be on and we must always be on guard for it. And sometimes, on this forum, people display they are going in a direction which I know leads away from the Church if one continues on it.

It isn't "drama".

Shouldn't the forum be uplifting and supportive? But so much on it is aimed at weakening faith and pushing people down paths of destruction. Life goes on after we post, and what we post is a snapshot of the frame of mind at that time. Over time, one can see people grow, shrink, or stagnate. If something is not done for a good purpose, then it shouldn't be done at all.

Everything, even bad things, should be aimed at increasing faith and virtue. This includes any elements of the crisis which grab our attention. Viewing them in light of the Gospel and the history of the Church, and with Hope will enable us to persevere. Lamenting the end and pretending all is lost and we are on our own is to eventually leave the Church entirely. It is a real threat.

Everything must be aimed at a good final end.

The following users thanked this post: Jayne, mikemac, Michael Wilson

Offline Insanis

• Feldwebel
Re: Final Perseverance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 08:40:57 AM »
This Post Left Blank On Purpose

(Rethought the prudence of posting some of the details previously written.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 09:11:22 AM by Insanis »