Culloden

Started by red solo cup, June 01, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on June 07, 2018, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: Gardener on June 07, 2018, 02:15:13 PM
Half French and Half English is pure? Wouldn't both of those countries spit at the notion of such pseudo-miscegenation?

Apparently my parents wedding was one of the most awkward in history. Now we're talking about my Grandpa who thinks that anyone from north of London isn't truly English.

What does he consider them, southern Scots?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: jovan66102 on June 03, 2018, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: Greg on June 03, 2018, 02:10:44 AM
If the Scots leave the Union then good luck.  Their economy will collapse and they will find themselves another vassal state of Brussels.

I think most Scots have come to the realisation that Fat Eck and Wee Nippy are feeding them a line. They realise that if they become 'independent' they will be just as bankrupt as they were when they came begging on bended knee asking the English for the Union.

But, of course, the English engineered the drop in world oil prices to bankrupt Scotland, at least according to the Two Fish.

The same thing was done to the Soviet Union, by OPEC on the instructions of the US, not the English.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: mikemac on June 06, 2018, 09:30:00 AM
I picked up a native hitch hiking on highway 115 about 30 years ago.  He was just a young lad but even at his age he realized that the English used the same model as they used in Scotland to steal native land in Canada.  I was surprised at his grasp of history at his young age.  He was from Manitoba, where some natives helped some highlanders from the Highland Clearances as they were arriving in what was to become the Province of Manitoba.  Maybe those stories got past down to him.

According to a story I heard, as the soldiers of a famous Highland regiment were marching to relieve the Siege of Lucknow, their wives and children were being 'cleared' off the land and driven to the ships waiting to transport them to the New World.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Miriam_M on June 06, 2018, 11:10:29 AM
Quote from: Greg on June 02, 2018, 12:54:13 AM

Which has had FAR more historical and cultural impact than the Krauts, or the Frogs, or the Wops or the Wogs and even the Degos.  No wonder my Russian wife is proud to hold a British passport.

Do business anywhere in the world now and you do it in English.  The contract is in English and the airport signs, internet, hotel room instructions are all in English too.

We are bloody marvellous. 

Being an Anglophile myself, I also see lots of good that resulted from the British Empire.  However, I am also a Francophile, particularly for historical France.  And be careful:  It's prophesied that France will be at the center of the restoration of the Church and monarchies in general, which in turn will favor a restored, orthodox papacy that is predicted will accompany that restoration.

The prophecies are a distraction.  We are living in the time of the antichrist.

mikemac

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on July 05, 2018, 11:32:49 AM
Quote from: mikemac on June 06, 2018, 09:30:00 AM
I picked up a native hitch hiking on highway 115 about 30 years ago.  He was just a young lad but even at his age he realized that the English used the same model as they used in Scotland to steal native land in Canada.  I was surprised at his grasp of history at his young age.  He was from Manitoba, where some natives helped some highlanders from the Highland Clearances as they were arriving in what was to become the Province of Manitoba.  Maybe those stories got past down to him.

According to a story I heard, as the soldiers of a famous Highland regiment were marching to relieve the Siege of Lucknow, their wives and children were being 'cleared' off the land and driven to the ships waiting to transport them to the New World.

I heard that similar stories like that happened during the Napoleonic Wars and the War of 1812.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source