No Hate Speech Here, Of Course!

Started by Gottmitunsalex, December 30, 2012, 03:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gottmitunsalex

This just in from Times Square. As long as they let us keep our precious religious liberty, we'll sit back and let them defile Our Lord as much as they like. That's the American way! Soldiers of Christ? Us? Puh-leeze!
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

tmw89

Wonder how people would've reacted over a "Keep the Chutzpah! / Drop the Chanukah." ad...

But yes, GMA - I wish Catholics in America would actually care about this kind of stuff and ACT to STOP it.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Cesar_Augustus

And I remember the happy birthday Mithras one from some years ago.

Every year is the same. Mithras, Sol Invictus, bla bla bla.

Kaesekopf

The dumb thing about that ad is.... it's the wrong holiday!

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 30, 2012, 07:03:50 PM
The dumb thing about that ad is.... it's the wrong holiday!

Of course, recognizing that would require their actually knowing something about Christianity rather than relying on their irrational, visceral hatred of it...
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Vetus Ordo

So, let me see: Christ, who alone through an ultimate sacrifice of love promises redemption to an obviously sick and dying mankind is a "myth" we should get rid of...but Coca-Cola's fatty Santa Claus whose whole sphere of morality seems to consist of a certain fantastical prescience of the children's annual "naughtiness" or "niceness" across the globe so that, as a rudimentary judge of merits, he may give or withhold them gifts on Christmas Eve, is what we should hold on to as rational men of the modern age.

Right.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

You said it really well, EG. 

Really really well.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.