Does Brown Scapular have to go over neck?

Started by MamaBearJMJ, March 31, 2024, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaBearJMJ

Is it acceptable to wear the Brown Scapular over just one side (left or right shoulder) as long as there's still part in front and back? Or does it have to go around your neck like a necklace? There's a certain physical activity that I can't avoid and it would be helpful to be able to wear it like those during those times. It wouldn't be for a prolonged period and not even everyday. I don't want to make an excuse, though.

drummerboy

From your username I assume you're talking about nursing...?  If that is the case whatever works is acceptable. 
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Sounds like you're overthinking this.

Taking off the scapular does not nullify it once when you put it back on. If you have to take it off for a brief period to fulfill the duties of your state in life, that is fine.

Over one shoulder or the other is fine too, for the time you need to do whatever it may be.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie