Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

A Very British Scandal on Prime. Quite good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Geremia

Bernadette

Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris, the 90s tv version with Angela Lansbury. I loved it.
My Lord and my God.

TradGranny

Anne of Green Gables with Anne Shirely
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: TradGranny on July 23, 2022, 06:55:16 PM

I love that one.  There is a sequel, too.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

TradGranny

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on July 25, 2022, 07:41:44 AM
Quote from: TradGranny on July 23, 2022, 06:55:16 PM

I love that one.  There is a sequel, too.

What's the name of the sequel?
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Wow the actress's name was Anne Shirley? What are the odds?!
My Lord and my God.

Jmartyr

The Hunt. Deplorables hunted by snowflakes. Pretty good, actually
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on July 25, 2022, 02:38:56 PM
Wow the actress's name was Anne Shirley? What are the odds?!
She changed her name so the Anne Shirley was her "screen name."  Otherwise, yeah the odds would be up there

BlueInGreen

Abandoned (2022) starring Emma Roberts and John Gallagher Jr.

The usual haunted house, something-bad-happened-here-in-the-past story. Married couple moves into old, isolated farm house to help wife recover from postpartum depression. Overall it was alright. I liked the atmospheric quality to it. No nudity, sex scenes or even implied sex, which was utterly refreshing for once since the producers, director and writers could've inserted them into the story given the context.
Cradle Catholic traversing modernism while rediscovering my heritage - in faith and ethnically.

Jmartyr

Black Phone. Sucked. Loved Ethan Hawke in Sinister. Not this one. And necromancy as usual.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

josh987654321

Quote from: Jmartyr on July 25, 2022, 04:35:39 PM
The Hunt. Deplorables hunted by snowflakes. Pretty good, actually

For all the concern about it, I wasn't that offended and thought it had some funny moments (a lot of swearing etc though). The story of the box turtle and the jack rabbit was quite apt IMO, in regards with cancel culture and thus watching ones back even in victory for underhanded settling of scores.

I also watched -
Top Gun Maverick
The Gray Man

And thought those two movies were pretty good among most of the stuff out there IMO.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

josh987654321

I also watched the Mini Series 'The Terminal List' and thought it was good, all but 1 episode was really good IMO. Can't really expand on it in any way or the whole plot is ruined, which goes through a lot of twists and turns.

I also really enjoyed the following movies -
The Tomorrow War
Spectral
Non Stop
Love and Monsters
Greyhound
Triple Frontier

"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."