A lot of books

Started by martin88nyc, December 22, 2018, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

I have to get rid of many books, mostly catholic. I don't know whether I should just give the out to our parish members or sell them online. These are rather old copies that have a musty "old book" odor which I recently became somehow allergic to.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Gardener

Post em up here man!

If you can, include: title, author, year.

Condition: Books like this aren't expected to be perfect, but if they have real issues (missing pages, binding falling apart, etc.) then that should be noted. Otherwise something like "in usable condition" is fine.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

martin88nyc

I decided to donate the books to my parish. They will sell them at a flea market. I rarely put money in the collection basket so I assume this would be an appropriate equivalent.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Gardener

Quote from: martin88nyc on December 23, 2018, 11:29:15 AM
I decided to donate the books to my parish. They will sell them at a flea market. I rarely put money in the collection basket so I assume this would be an appropriate equivalent.

My vintage book obsession is sad but you're indeed correct.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

martin88nyc

Quote from: Gardener on December 23, 2018, 04:33:37 PM

My vintage book obsession is sad but you're indeed correct.
I still have some left like the Oxford University sermons of J. H Newman in two hardcover volumes.

Josephine87

That is a good deed, thank you for giving your "widow's mite".
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur