Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 10:19:43 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 02:28:10 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 10, 2017, 10:49:31 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 10, 2017, 07:57:07 PM
We allow bears in go to bed thread. Just sayin.

He's arriving tomorrow. I'll bring him along. :)

Edit: He's HERE!  ;D :swoon: He's great! Absolutely perfect proportions, and I particularly love the construction of his arms.  :thumbsup:

Bernadette!!!!! Where did you find HIM. I'm sure there are many single women here that would enjoy such a sweet well proportioned bear. Please bird. Share your info. He sounds perfect. Cuddly too huh? Well, just be careful.

Ebay, of course! ;) He's not as pristine as the picture I posted; that was just a random picture because I felt weird about posting the picture of the item that I actually bought, since it would have been taken from the seller's information for the item. I think he spent a little time in the dryer, because his fur is slightly...crisp, shall we say? But his good points more than make up for that.  :grouphug:

Benadette...um....you did get my double speak.....didn't you?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 10:19:43 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 02:28:10 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 10, 2017, 10:49:31 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 10, 2017, 07:57:07 PM
We allow bears in go to bed thread. Just sayin.

He's arriving tomorrow. I'll bring him along. :)

Edit: He's HERE!  ;D :swoon: He's great! Absolutely perfect proportions, and I particularly love the construction of his arms.  :thumbsup:

Bernadette!!!!! Where did you find HIM. I'm sure there are many single women here that would enjoy such a sweet well proportioned bear. Please bird. Share your info. He sounds perfect. Cuddly too huh? Well, just be careful.

Ebay, of course! ;) He's not as pristine as the picture I posted; that was just a random picture because I felt weird about posting the picture of the item that I actually bought, since it would have been taken from the seller's information for the item. I think he spent a little time in the dryer, because his fur is slightly...crisp, shall we say? But his good points more than make up for that.  :grouphug:

Benadette...um....you did get my double speak.....didn't you?

I...don't think so? I'm going to go with no. No, I didn't.  :huh:
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

Clutch plate, clutch cover and release bearing. The clutch is sounding rather too noisy, but isn't slipping. It is a forty something year old car. I've got all the things I might need.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Lynne

Quote from: Prayerful on January 16, 2017, 06:17:45 PM
Clutch plate, clutch cover and release bearing. The clutch is sounding rather too noisy, but isn't slipping. It is a forty something year old car. I've got all the things I might need.

Wow! Good for you.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth

Quote from: Akavit on January 10, 2017, 08:09:53 PM
Four silicone cupcake liners and one Pyrex measuring glass - secondhand of course.

Odd thing is, I mentioned that purchase to a woman and she asked what I was going to do with the cupcake liners.  A few years ago, I went to a flower shop to buy floral tape and the lady that sold it to me asked what I was going to do with it.  Is there something about the way I look that convinces women that I'm not going to bake cupcakes or arrange flowers?  Strange.

In case anyone is interested, I'm using the liners as glue pots.  Also, I have never arranged flowers.
So, you can just shake out the glue when you're done?  Could I use silicone for oil paints, as a re-usable palette?

Bernadette

Oooh, a mini silicone cupcake liner would be a perfect mold for my beeswax (thinking ahead, here: I'm going to have to re-melt this wax many, many times before I use it all).  :P

I bought coffee cups. A set of four, in orange. Two with ducks, and two with retrievers. I particularly appreciate how they "matched" the retrievers with their natural quarry.
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

The Murdered Magicians - a book by Peter Partner. Bought it at a local bookstore.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Prayerful

Pair of small size altar missals (nearly hand missal sized, far smaller than, say, an FSSP travel altar missal, both Pustet Bros, one 1913, one 1931, the former is worn but no notable damage, the latter is nearly pristine except some wear and repair around the canon tabs (heavy tabs, fragile paper). The earlier one is more ornamented. Apart from obvious calendar changes (like Christ the King), the Roman Missal was kept innocent of abritrary tampering.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Akavit

Quote from: Elizabeth on January 18, 2017, 08:45:48 AM
Quote from: Akavit on January 10, 2017, 08:09:53 PM
Four silicone cupcake liners and one Pyrex measuring glass - secondhand of course.
So, you can just shake out the glue when you're done?  Could I use silicone for oil paints, as a re-usable palette?

It works great with epoxy.  I mixed up a batch the other day and set aside the remainder after I was done.  The next day the lump of cured glue popped right out.  Epoxy sticks to just about anything but not silicone rubber. So it ought to work fine with oil paints but I've not tried that yet.

Bernadette

Well, turns out my coffee cups aren't 20 oz after all: they're the piddling 14 oz size. God must be sending me heavy signals to cut down!  :lol: I guess I'll just fill them up twice, and enjoy my second cup just as hot as my first, rather than as the lukewarm half of my giant cup.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

Quote from: Bernadette on January 19, 2017, 01:26:29 PM
Well, turns out my coffee cups aren't 20 oz after all: they're the piddling 14 oz size. God must be sending me heavy signals to cut down!  :lol: I guess I'll just fill them up twice, and enjoy my second cup just as hot as my first, rather than as the lukewarm half of my giant cup.  :thumbsup:

Americano Starbucks Venti sized is where it's at. 14 oz is inadequate.

Bernadette

Quote from: Prayerful on January 19, 2017, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 19, 2017, 01:26:29 PM

Americano Starbucks Venti sized is where it's at. 14 oz is inadequate.

Stop tempting me to resell them on eBay!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

Been wanting one for awhile and finally got one.

Now I can finally ditch those El Stupido Branded, octuple-bladed razors that cost 10 times as much and clog 20 times more easily.  100 high-quality refill blades for the safety razor cost about $15 and should last for around 1,000 shaves.

piabee

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: piabee on January 21, 2017, 06:29:07 PM
Wine.

You Californians make amazing wine. Higher alcohol content, usually, than the Old World too.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie