Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Alphonsus Jr.

Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Hat And Beard

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

KumbayaDominumMeum

Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 06, 2013, 08:52:14 PM
Quote from: KumbayaDominumMeum on April 06, 2013, 07:54:36 PM
I bought a Crucifix pendant on eBay....

Very nice!

Thanks. The seller has something like 79 more left; they're "Buy it Now" items. I don't have a financial interest in the sale of them, so I'm guessing it's okay to give the URL as a public service. It's:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400243311191?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The seller also has a store with a bunch of really nice Catholic items pretty cheap. It's called Needzo Religious Gifts. I could have dropped a bunch of money there if the $4.95 hadn't broken the bank.

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Heinrich on April 07, 2013, 07:57:50 AM
Share your favorite piece.
Only one I could find on youtube, but that's okay because they're all pretty good.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U20UQwm81Y8[/yt]

Hat And Beard

Now my drums are complete. End of story...for at least the next half decade.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

KumbayaDominumMeum

dymphna17

Quote from: KumbayaDominumMeum on April 11, 2013, 07:23:09 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on April 11, 2013, 01:00:40 PM
Courtesy of my Dad +RIP+

Ooooooooooooooooooooo! Pretty!

Thanks!  I thought about getting a pink one, but that just wouldn't send the right message.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

After 2 years, I finally have an oven!!!!!  I'm so excited!

?

Eliza

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 11, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
After 2 years, I finally have an oven!!!!!  I'm so excited!

Yay! Congratulations! Have you decided what you shall cook first? Or have you already used it?

dymphna17

We just got it tonight and believe it or not, Hubby's request was pigs in a blanket and tater tots!  He worked hard taking out the old one and putting this one in, so his wish was granted.  Next meal is definitely a turkey dinner and a birthday cake.  Then it will be properly broke in.  I've already got a month's worth of menus set up.  Pinterest is awesome!!  lol
?

Eliza

A turkey dinner, wow! Pinterest is great for meal planning. Also, allrecipes.com. I think I use that website more than all of my cookbooks combined.

dymphna17

I just found allrecipes.com a couple of days ago.  I can't wait to really get into it.
?