Need advice, prayers

Started by Heinrich, September 09, 2020, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 09, 2020, 04:29:11 PM
It's possible that you can avoid calling her by her name altogether.

I thought of that too.  But radical liberals are conniving, they'll sooner or later see right through it and counter that he is discriminating.    If he starts to call everyone by a nick name, or just their last name, or singles the kid out by not calling them by their first name, when he is calling the other kids by their first name, there's no way that isn't going to get circulated by certain kids and teachers, not to mention on social media.   Maybe try sitting down with the student/parents and explain in a "nice" way why you can't call them by their new name, but odds are high if they're allowing their freaking kid to have a sex change, that they will go to war over his refusal.  Why not make his stand, state in a professional way to all involved why according to this faith he cannot use the new gender name, and prepare for a lawsuit.

H should also get this new policy in writing, voice his problem to the principal/HR in writing in terms of his religious faith, and then file with the EEOC for religious discrimination if they fire him.

Heinrich

Thank you everyone. Great advice.  Kindly requesting prayers for Mrs. H,  this poor girl and the wicked people allowing this to happen.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Fleur-de-Lys

Maybe start another thread in the prayer subforum so this doesn't get overlooked?

:pray3:

Non Nobis

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2: You're a good man Heinrich.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

nmoerbeek

Quote from: Heinrich on September 09, 2020, 01:14:29 PM
Even in rural middle America the infectious Zeitgeist metastasizes. There is an afflicted girl undergoing "gender reassignment." From girl name to boy name. Principal's briefing indicated we are all on board and accepting. Um, no. Am I under moral imperative to address child by synthetic name?

First, I would read up specifically on cooperating with evil and sins of omission. 

In this circumstance I would talk to a lawyer.  No matter how you decide to pursue your circumstance (active resistance, passive resistance, or quitting) they can lay out options and talk about potential consequences.  Then talk to some priests, or even write to them if you need to, please try to talk to at least 3.

Why a few?  Because this is a hot issue as it is recent, but you want the advice of cooler heads.  You should clearly lay out the options that the lawyer and you talked about, then listen to the.  If all 3 indicate you should go a certain direction, I would do that, if it is 2 against 1 then I would pray about it.  The real question is what options are sins and which ones are not. 

"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

Reader

Quote from: Jayne on September 09, 2020, 03:47:17 PM
You may be able to make some sort of case based on freedom of religion.

Demanding the citizenry live by an ever-growing set of morals dictated by the state is the establishment of a new and required state religion. This is in spirit, if not in fact, exactly the sort of government interference the founders were trying to eradicate.

Heinrich

Quote from: Reader on September 10, 2020, 04:40:10 AM

Demanding the citizenry live by an ever-growing set of morals dictated by the state is the establishment of a new and required state religion. This is in spirit, if not in fact, exactly the sort of government interference the founders were trying to eradicate.

The Founders aren't Saints.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Reader

Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2020, 09:19:57 AM
Quote from: Reader on September 10, 2020, 04:40:10 AM

The Founders aren't Saints.

No one claimed they are. They did, however, craft law that stands to this day prohibiting Congress from establishing a religion.

Jayne

Heinrich, I was thinking that there are quite a few parallels between your situation and that facing St. Thomas More, so you might find it encouraging to watch A Man for All Seasons.

I found a version on YouTube: [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io8pDyalMps[/yt] I haven't seen this one, but it has Charlton Heston in it which sounds promising.

St. Thomas More, pray for us.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

The Theosist

Is some stupid little shit pretending to be a boy and her parents and school going along with it really worth losing your livelihood over? If she changes her legal name, who cares? Call her Pony the Fairy Princess or Conan the barbarian if that's what it is.

Jacob

Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2020, 12:08:30 PM
I haven't seen this one, but it has Charlton Heston in it which sounds promising.

It's a good one.  A lot closer to the play than the feature film with Paul Scofield.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

christulsa

I've been thinking more about this.  If the new name could by any stretch of the imagination be used to refer to the student's real gender, maybe you can licitly use it to protect your livelihood.  Do an internet search to see if the name is ever used in the US or any other country for females.  You might be surprised what names are.  I had a female coworker named Michael.  This might buy you some time to get a teaching job in a conservative, private school (like St Mary's, SSPX), before Christian teachers start getting hit with a wave of "trans" students.  I think it will happen very soon making it almost impossible to work in a public school. 

Daniel

Quote from: christulsa on September 10, 2020, 01:20:02 PM
I've been thinking more about this.  If the new name could by any stretch of the imagination be used to refer to the student's real gender, maybe you can licitly use it to protect your livelihood.  Do an internet search to see if the name is ever used in the US or any other country for females.  You might be surprised what names are.  I had a female coworker named Michael.  This might buy you some time to get a teaching job in a conservative, private school (like St Mary's, SSPX), before Christian teachers start getting hit with a wave of "trans" students.  I think it will happen very soon making it almost impossible to work in a public school. 

I won't comment on whether it would be licit or not, but I do see one big difference between a girl-pretending-to-be-a-boy and a woman-named-Michael, and that's that the woman-named-Michael's name actually is "Michael". As unfitting as Michael's name may be, it's (presumably) her real name so you should probably call her that. She-who-pretends-to-be-a-boy, however, does not have a male's name. Unless and until she gets her name changed by somebody who has power to change names, you probably shouldn't call her by the male name since it isn't her name and since you don't want to give off the appearance of approval. And even after she gets it changed, I'm still not so sure you should call her that, since, again, you don't want to give off the appearance of approval.

Greg

My advice would be to hold out until the end of this calendar year.  I think the election and troubles coming after it might have a material impact on your job.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

dellery

Create a new classroom policy, one meant to instill formality and discipline. Going forward, students should be addressed on a last name basis.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.