St Patrick Catholic Church, Seattle. Liturgy, not for the faint of heart

Started by Parresia, December 06, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parresia

Pheo

Wait, your Advent Gathering Rite didn't include the traditional barefooted bongo dance?
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Parresia

Quote from: Pheo on December 06, 2014, 09:09:53 PM
Wait, your Advent Gathering Rite didn't include the traditional barefooted bongo dance?

Nope, we skipped the bongos this year.  Kooky as it sounds, we had the Crucifix processed around the Church while chanting a litany.  We're progressive like that. 

Pheo

It's hard to imagine the Crusaders going off to fight for crap like this.  Well, they wouldn't have - and although this same "let the spirit move you" garbage is usually there in a less extreme way, this is exactly why the NO is hemorrhaging members.  Who wants to self-sacrifice for something so lame?

On the plus side, I finally found a song that I hate more than "Lord of the Dance."
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Parresia

Quote from: Pheo on December 06, 2014, 09:20:42 PM
It's hard to imagine the Crusaders going off to fight for crap like this.  Well, they wouldn't have - and although this same "let the spirit move you" garbage is usually there in a less extreme way, this is exactly why the NO is hemorrhaging members.  Who wants to self-sacrifice for something so lame?

On the plus side, I finally found a song that I hate more than "Lord of the Dance."

You are right on all counts.  As I stated above, this is somehow Catholic, but I am not sure how that can be.  People accuse the SSPX of being in schism and separated, while at the same time standing arm in arm with Protestants and not batting an eye at crap like the video above happening in Catholic parishes. 

CamelliaSinensis

Does it not surprise anyone that the priest is over 60  hippie with a cane and his stole over the chasuble?

Kaesekopf

If that's what full communion with Rome looks like, color me schismatic. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 06, 2014, 10:45:03 PM
If that's what full communion with Rome looks like, colour me schismatic. 

Haha, well put
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Kaesekopf

That congregation, at least that which remains, has one foot in the grave. 

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 06, 2014, 10:50:40 PM
That congregation, at least that which remains, has one foot in the grave. 

I think they brought the younger dancers in to liven things up a bit.

The walkers really add to the stunning interior decoration.

The entire thing is revolting.  However, it's more bearable, even comical, if you watch it without sound.

Pheo, what song is worse than Lord of the Dance, up until now the worst ever?

Pheo

Quote from: Miriam_M on December 07, 2014, 02:14:02 AMPheo, what song is worse than Lord of the Dance, up until now the worst ever?

I still have a special hatred for that one - the choir leader at the "folk Mass" I used to go to loved it.  I mean who cares that it was written as a syncretist tribute to Jesus and Shiva?  Oh yeah, the "Christian" composer penned it while contemplating a dancing statue of Shiva on his desk.  Funny enough, it was the terrible music at the NO that made me think there had to be something better out there.

As far as "liturgical" songs though, the one in this video is way more irritating.  It sounds like a gay funeral dirge.