Candy Crush Saga

Started by piabee, July 12, 2013, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

WHO INVENTED THIS GAME AND WHY DID I DOWNLOAD IT?

LouisIX

I tried it and don't like it at all.  Mrs. Featherbottom on the other hand...
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

Neither do I, KK. I play it on Android and haven't synced FB. Although if Mrs. F wants to give me some lives...

Bonaventure

I've never tried it. People keep sending me things from it.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Spooky

Mrs. Featherbottom

Quote from: piabee on July 12, 2013, 06:14:58 PM
Neither do I, KK. I play it on Android and haven't synced FB. Although if Mrs. F wants to give me some lives...

I only play on LouisIX's iPhone, and I only get to do that on random evenings and part of the weekend, so even though I am sort of obsessed with it, I only have access to it in short spurts, so that has helped me.  I have almost bought more lives a couple times, but I know that is a slipperly slope, so I have avoided doing that so far.

piabee

Quote from: Mrs. Featherbottom on July 15, 2013, 09:51:56 AMI have almost bought more lives a couple times, but I know that is a slipperly slope, so I have avoided doing that so far.

I read somewhere that once the game knows you are willing to spend money it gets harder so that you keep paying. I kind of like that the lives run out because then you have to stop and do something else.

Othmar

Ah, it's a clone of Bejeweled. Certainly not bad, there's a good challenge.

Lynne

It works now on the Kindle Fire too... <sigh>  ::)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

AnneTce

Quote from: piabee on July 12, 2013, 03:12:39 PM
WHO INVENTED THIS GAME AND WHY DID I DOWNLOAD IT?

Because someone asked you to "..send them a life.."

:)

Larry

My sister plays this thing, so I have to go through the motions to give her points, or whatever. She also plays the Farm Animals one.  :tongue:
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross