Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 31, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
i think this is worried why i worryso much about "d day" i cant seem to build any virtues here on earth.  cant go a day without complaining sometimes a minute, yet this is the catholic ideal for dealing with suffering.  The saints are always saying that suffering is to be endured without complaint, with full total acceptance, not wishing things were different.  Well I just wish things were different.

it seems cruel to send someone a truckload of physical and mental suffering and then expect them to suffer even more with isolation and they cant even wish things were different.  it's not enough to just suffer, apparently the ideal is suffering alone, in complete silence, with no one even noticing your suffering it has to be a complete secret.  and then people tell you "God doesnt send you more than you can bear."  every time I try to do this I explode and end up lashing out at my wife and kids.  there is nowhere for the pain to go.

Chestertonian,  you make the huge mistake of thinking God despises and rejects those who are not "ideal".  It's just not true.  God very much takes your physical and mental suffering into account when He looks at you. I think perhaps it is YOU who are hurt by your not being ideal; you think you have to be a Saint with a capital S, but that might not be what God wants for you.

Catholic books and sermons do emphasize what is ideal (that is natural), but they aren't addressing exceptional cases such as yours, and don't always explicitly speak about how NONE of us will be "ideal" (perfect as your Heaven Father is perfect) until heaven

I too often wish things were different, with the puniest of reasons, not the overwhelming reasons that you have.

God grant you more peace in the upcoming year.  :pray2:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Kephapaulos

Carleendiane

Goodmorninggoodmorninggoodmorning!!!!! Oh happy day!  For all those waiting for that "cold day in hell".....well, it's here! Has been here for more than a week.

Brother gone now. Sure hope he gets his ticker checked out. That was a terrible thing to watch. Much more so to feeo, I'm sure!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

If I had faith in my prayers I would pray for him
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 02, 2018, 12:07:24 PM

I have faith in your prayers, Ches....
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Maybe that's where the benefit of being a cradle Catholic comes in, Ches.  Years of being told nobody asked you to have faith in your prayers, do it anyway!   :lol: :grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 02, 2018, 02:06:43 PM

I have faith in your prayers, Ches....

Did you realize you were at post number 9999?   :beer: :popcorn:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 02, 2018, 09:19:20 PM

Maybe that's where the benefit of being a cradle Catholic comes in, Ches.  Years of being told nobody asked you to have faith in your prayers, do it anyway!   :lol: :grouphug:
that could be true just seems like he has His back to me if He isn't actively beating me up e erytime i tried to visualize myself with our Lord it feels like he's slamming my body against something hard and bashing my head against the floor.. wharever pain my body is feeling at the time feels like God is personally inflicting it.. it's like being a kid again getting beaten with a belt except the punishment doesn't end.  I could never trust my dad or anyone else after being hurt I can't imagine that God will listen to my pleadings I can't stop thinking about how He specifically wants me to go through the things I've gone through and how much he wants me to be humiliated and to have my dignity as a person taken away
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 03, 2018, 08:14:44 AM
that could be true just seems like he has His back to me if He isn't actively beating me up e erytime i tried to visualize myself with our Lord it feels like he's slamming my body against something hard and bashing my head against the floor.. wharever pain my body is feeling at the time feels like God is personally inflicting it.. it's like being a kid again getting beaten with a belt except the punishment doesn't end.  I could never trust my dad or anyone else after being hurt I can't imagine that God will listen to my pleadings I can't stop thinking about how He specifically wants me to go through the things I've gone through and how much he wants me to be humiliated and to have my dignity as a person taken away

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us so that God could experience that pain with you.  He is not inflicting it.  He is suffering at your side so that you do not go through it alone.  He bore all the pain and humiliation of humanity, yours and everyone else's.

He does not make it disappear.  He transforms it to a path to Himself.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Gotta get my good morning in before it's afternoon! Good morning!!! 2 degrees here. Make a person want to neglect their sheep! Poor things! Getting to be time to start putting the ewes away. They are very round and getting ready to drop their lambies. Probably February, but hard to say. They will be born from end Jan to March. That's how it went last winter. Some are fertile all year, and some at certain times. Depends on breed.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2018, 10:38:58 AM
Gotta get my good morning in before it's afternoon! Good morning!!! 2 degrees here. Make a person want to neglect their sheep! Poor things! Getting to be time to start putting the ewes away. They are very round and getting ready to drop their lambies. Probably February, but hard to say. They will be born from end Jan to March. That's how it went last winter. Some are fertile all year, and some at certain times. Depends on breed.

You have ... sheep?! The ones that can walk, bleat, eat, breathe & sleep?! wow ... just WOW!!

ServusMariae

Btw Carleen, I'm not sure if you have noticed it - but I've just noticed that you have been promoted to Mama Major of the forum! Many congratulations (& confetti) ahead! ;D

ServusMariae

that could be true just seems like he has His back to me if He isn't actively beating me up everytime i tried to visualize myself with our Lord it feels like he's slamming my body against something hard and bashing my head against the floor.. wharever pain my body is feeling at the time feels like God is personally inflicting it.. it's like being a kid again getting beaten with a belt except the punishment doesn't end.  I could never trust my dad or anyone else after being hurt I can't imagine that God will listen to my pleadings I can't stop thinking about how He specifically wants me to go through the things I've gone through and how much he wants me to be humiliated and to have my dignity as a person taken away

Oh Ches ... God is not some tyrannical dictator seating on a golden throne to happily watch you suffer; He is a loving Father who can't bear to see you suffer ... Sure, he doesn't take away your sufferings, but rather suffers alongside with you. Keeping you in my prayers tonight. :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

dymphna17

Quote from: ServusMariae on January 03, 2018, 11:01:52 AM
that could be true just seems like he has His back to me if He isn't actively beating me up everytime i tried to visualize myself with our Lord it feels like he's slamming my body against something hard and bashing my head against the floor.. wharever pain my body is feeling at the time feels like God is personally inflicting it.. it's like being a kid again getting beaten with a belt except the punishment doesn't end.  I could never trust my dad or anyone else after being hurt I can't imagine that God will listen to my pleadings I can't stop thinking about how He specifically wants me to go through the things I've gone through and how much he wants me to be humiliated and to have my dignity as a person taken away

Oh Ches ... God is not some tyrannical dictator seating on a golden throne to happily watch you suffer; He is a loving Father who can't bear to see you suffer ... Sure, he doesn't take away your sufferings, but rather suffers alongside with you. Keeping you in my prayers tonight. :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

Wow, Servus!  Now THAT is something to ponder.  Thank you.
?

dymphna17

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 02, 2018, 09:19:20 PM

I know Ches.  I understand.  Your daily job right now is to love God because He is God, even though that is going against every fiber in your being right now.  The battle between truth vs. feelings is the war being waged within you.  Sometimes every minute of every day is yet another battle.  It's one that must be fought though.  You can do this.   :pray3:
?