Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

Good morning! It's cloudy for me.

Christina_S

Good morning! It started snowing on All Saints Day and the weather has been cold enough that it stayed. The forecast is looking like it's winter for good. The OCD person in me was feeling satisfied with the perfect change of seasons occurring on the first of the month.
Ah well. Today is paper writing, catching up on class readings, maybe Mass, work, and then a concert (Durufle Requiem).
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Christina_S on November 04, 2017, 08:08:07 AM
Ah well. Today is paper writing, catching up on class readings, maybe Mass, work, and then a concert (Durufle Requiem).

I also have a paper and a project stage to continue on for this weekend. So you're going to see the Durufle Requiem performed. I remember posting that in the music thread I started. Durufle's Requiem has so much of the sound of the Gregorian chant version interestingly from what I remember hearing of it.

Vetus Ordo

Good morning.

Today we celebrate Saint Charles Borromeo, Cardinal, known as the scourge of Protestantism and the craftsman of Counterreformation.

In this vivid painting, the saint is portrayed in the august company of Saint Pius V, both trampling the bodies of Luther and Mohammed.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

dymphna17

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on November 04, 2017, 10:12:09 AM
Good morning.

Today we celebrate Saint Charles Borromeo, Cardinal, known as the scourge of Protestantism and the craftsman of Counterreformation.

In this vivid painting, the saint is portrayed in the august company of Saint Pius V, both trampling the bodies of Luther and Mohammed.

Now THAT is an awesome picture!  Every Catholic church and home should have one in it.  A true depiction of the visible enemy.  St Charles Borromeo, pray for us!   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

(*brings in a loudspeaker & rolls in amplifier*)

WAKEY WAKEY EVERYONE!!! TIME TO OPEN UP THE CURTAINS & GET OUTTA BED!! MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED MORNING AHEAD!!!  ;D

Carleendiane

Good morning. I see sunshine out my window and I like it very much. Had so many rainy dreary days. Looking forward to working on my projects today.

Good morning Servus. Can always count on meeting you in my morning  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Regina Caeli

Good morning, everyone!

How about some brioche, warm from the oven, with butter and apricot jam?

ServusMariae

Quote from: Regina Caeli on November 06, 2017, 10:06:26 AM
How about some brioche, warm from the oven, with butter and apricot jam?

Oh gimme that brioche with the butter & jam, please!! I'll take it for my supper snack! ^-^ (because it's night-time here lol.)

Regina Caeli

Help yourself, Servus! There's never a wrong time for brioche.

ServusMariae

(*munches on brioche*)

Thank you, dear Regina ... they taste yummy!  ;D

Carleendiane

Getting ready to start a big batch, at least 8 loaves of steel cut oat and flax seed bread. Found a way to have equal part oat to flour. So, been going with it and the family loves it because it is very moist and chewy with a nice crisp crust. So...off she patters to her kitchen to cook the oats and get out her ingredients. Now don't bug her, she's busy!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good evening Servus. Good morning All minus 1.

MundaCorMeum

22 minutes before noon....just made it!    :cheeseheadbeer:  4 year old and I cleaned bathrooms all morning, while the big kids took everyone else outside to play.  Getting ready for lunch and co-op.  And, of course, more coffee..... :coffee:

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 07, 2017, 11:39:34 AM
22 minutes before noon....just made it!    :cheeseheadbeer:  4 year old and I cleaned bathrooms all morning, while the big kids took everyone else outside to play.  Getting ready for lunch and co-op.  And, of course, more coffee..... :coffee:

Hi my friend, I'll share a cup with you. Kids playing out means you have a nice day there.