Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen Christi

Happy All Saints Day! :)

Canada is one place where All Saints Day is not a holy day of obligation (we only have two: Christmas and Mary, the Mother of God). When I move, I'm going to need to write down all the American holy days so I don't forget!

Carleendiane

Good Morning! Hope you all get to Mass today. Ours is at 5. Have a great day!  No crabby Catholics today.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 01, 2017, 08:08:12 AM
Good Morning! Hope you all get to Mass today. Ours is at 5. Have a great day!  No crabby Catholics today.

900 mass this morning for me.  Was very nice.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kephapaulos

Happy Allhallowmas to all!

Carleendiane

Thanks Kepha! Same to you.

Still flying high over conversation with son number 2.  He is doing so fine! The only Statue of Our Lady we have was bought by son no. 1 for son no.2. Breaks my heart to not have it, but will be sending it out to Colorado for son no. 2. It's not mine, but I sure have become attatched to it. I have many wonderful statues and holy pictures but have never found one of our Lady in our travels. Will have to double down on our efforts to find a beautiful one. The most common have garish paint and ugly face. I want a beautiful, old school statue. Anyone have one for me to buy?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

ServusMariae

Hi everyone ... I'm back ... It's 3:27 AM here in Singapore & I have just finished ALL my graduation assignments ... Laudetur Jesus Christus et Maria Immaculata ... (*faints*)

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 01, 2017, 01:27:16 PM
Hi everyone ... I'm back ... It's 3:27 AM here in Singapore & I have just finished ALL my graduation assignments ... Laudetur Jesus Christus et Maria Immaculata ... (*faints*)

:swoon2: :thumbsup: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 01, 2017, 10:19:06 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 01, 2017, 08:08:12 AM

900 mass this morning for me.  Was very nice.

Ours was at 6:30 this morning.  We loaded up the kids and went.  I'm glad we did.  Father visited and chatted with the kids after Mass, then we went out to breakfast with friends.  All the kids had a dental checkup today, so that took up the rest of our morning.  Then home, lunch, naps, and got a gumbo simmering for dinner.  Husband is working late tonight, but other than that, it was a nice day

Carleendiane

Good Morning! Speaking of cereal, now and then mom would buy some sweetened crap, but usually she made cream of wheat or oatmeal and we were allowed to put sugar and her homemade *blech* milk in it. We were very poor, but not without a treat from time to time.

I was bottom of the top 4 with 8 kids. I had one sister that constantly told me I lied like a rug. She said that so often. She could not stand my presence. She was 5 years older than me. She was so mean to me that one christmas, she bought me a new toothbrush and I was so ecstatic, I didn't realize it was a mean joke. Then, she had a type of conversion after her graduation and before her wedding. All of a sudden, my sister was sincerely kind to me, humble and good to all of us kids. She made me so happy when I was between 8th and 9th grade, asking me to be her bridesmaid. She has spent the rest of her life making up for the pain she dished out to us kids. She has become the most generous, sacrificial, kind family member. Complete conversion of the heart.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 02, 2017, 08:20:04 AM
Good Morning! Speaking of cereal, now and then mom would buy some sweetened crap, but usually she made cream of wheat or oatmeal and we were allowed to put sugar and her homemade *blech* milk in it. We were very poor, but not without a treat from time to time.

I was bottom of the top 4 with 8 kids. I had one sister that constantly told me I lied like a rug. She said that so often. She could not stand my presence. She was 5 years older than me. She was so mean to me that one christmas, she bought me a new toothbrush and I was so ecstatic, I didn't realize it was a mean joke. Then, she had a type of conversion after her graduation and before her wedding. All of a sudden, my sister was sincerely kind to me, humble and good to all of us kids. She made me so happy when I was between 8th and 9th grade, asking me to be her bridesmaid. She has spent the rest of her life making up for the pain she dished out to us kids. She has become the most generous, sacrificial, kind family member. Complete conversion of the heart.

Wow ... what a wonderful sis you had, Carleen!

Speaking of Christmas, I was running a few errands today when I saw rows of Christmas stuff being put on sale in a 2-dollar store. Can't believe I gotta prep for the coming of the Infant Christ so soon!!  :o

maryslittlegarden

Good Morning!!!! Happy Friday to all.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Happy Friday back atcha! Going to see daughter and kids today!

ServusMariae

Happy Friday morning! Though it's Friday nite here & thunderstorms can be heard everywhere ... :(

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 03, 2017, 08:19:20 AM
Happy Friday morning! Though it's Friday nite here & thunderstorms can be heard everywhere ... :(

Maybe we should meet in go to bed, huh? Have a good night's sleep my sweet friend. Praying for you!

Carleendiane

Good Morning! It's sunny here, but surely not warm. Still smiling at grandkids antics. They were just as I expected. All of them had SOMETHING to show me! Artworks, books, tricks, new shoes. What fun.