Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

While I am warm and dry, others are not. While I am enjoying our potluck, others are looking for water. God help them.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good Morning bedheads! May the day commence. Wait. I need my coffee first. Gonna be a long day.But, that's good right? I mean maybe I'll get more accomplished, in my plodding way.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Good Morning, Dymph!!! My favorite....a hummer! Thank you so much!

Carleendiane

Get up! Get up!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Just put your feet on the floor and walk. Get yourself to that coffee maker and grab a big mug! Now you know what to do.

MundaCorMeum

I'm already two cups of coffee in, and I am ready for another.  I'm trying something new, now that the baby is sleeping better.  I'm going to bed earlier, and giving myself two hours before kids get up to pray, exercise, shower, and relax with coffee.  So, I'm getting up at 5:00.   I'm really not naturally a morning person, though I think there are some great advantages to being one, especially with kids who are early risers. . They get up at 7:00. So I'm trying it on for size.  I have to say...I'm kind of loving it.  Today, I'm working on organizing our school supplies, and doing some prep work for our homeschool co-op, which starts tomorrow.  Nothing like getting down to the wire!  Of it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done ;).   Cross country practice this afternoon, and library with the non-runners.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 11, 2017, 07:48:28 AM
I'm already two cups of coffee in, and I am ready for another.  I'm trying something new, now that the baby is sleeping better.  I'm going to bed earlier, and giving myself two hours before kids get up to pray, exercise, shower, and relax with coffee.  So, I'm getting up at 5:00.   I'm really not naturally a morning person, though I think there are some great advantages to being one, especially with kids who are early risers. . They get up at 7:00. So I'm trying it on for size.  I have to say...I'm kind of loving it.  Today, I'm working on organizing our school supplies, and doing some prep work for our homeschool co-op, which starts tomorrow.  Nothing like getting down to the wire!  Of it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done ;).   Cross country practice this afternoon, and library with the non-runners.

Good job, Munda! Talk about making it happen. God bless your effort!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2017, 07:17:27 AM
Get up! Get up!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Just put your feet on the floor and walk. Get yourself to that coffee maker and grab a big mug! Now you know what to do.

Throw that nasty stuff in the sink, grab a big glass, fill it up with ice, and pour yourself a nice glass full of Dr Pepper!  Now there's the start of a fine morning!   :lol:

:coffee:  Just say no.

j/k Carleen.  I'm sure your coffee is perfectly, um...err...perfectly...coffee tasting.  Yes, that's it!  I'm sure your coffee is perfectly coffee tasting.   :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you Munda.  Smart thinking about getting up early.  That added time could make a huge difference in your day, i.e. calmer.  I'll be curious to hear how it worked out.

Has anybody heard from PerE?  I'm going to send a pm and see if she answers unless someone else already has.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 11, 2017, 08:02:12 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2017, 07:17:27 AM

Throw that nasty stuff in the sink, grab a big glass, fill it up with ice, and pour yourself a nice glass full of Dr Pepper!  Now there's the start of a fine morning!   :lol:

:coffee:  Just say no.

j/k Carleen.  I'm sure your coffee is perfectly, um...err...perfectly...coffee tasting.  Yes, that's it!  I'm sure your coffee is perfectly coffee tasting.   :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you Munda.  Smart thinking about getting up early.  That added time could make a huge difference in your day, i.e. calmer.  I'll be curious to hear how it worked out.

Has anybody heard from PerE?  I'm going to send a pm and see if she answers unless someone else already has.

Yes and no, dymph. Yes, send a pm. No, I have not heard or seen her around. Do we have to send out a missing child alert on her? I don't know about this, but remember....she has taken up sword fighting....just sayin.

MundaCorMeum

I've not heard from her, either.  Hopefully, she's just busy.  Keep us posted, dymph. 

Getting up early definitely makes a difference for the better.  I've been wanting to do this for years, but I'm selfish and have not been willing to give up my late nights and sleeping in  :-[.  The actual act of getting out of the bed early is torturous for me.  But, once I'm up and moving, I'm good to go.  Early mornings are pretty peaceful.   It really sets the tone for the whole day, too.  I find I'm better prepared to greet the kids with a smile and a hug when they get up, if I'm already prayed, dressed, and have had time to ease into the day.  If I get up at the same time they do, I already feel a step behind, and I end up flustered and aggravated, which trickles down to them and it really effects their behavior and the whole day ahead.  It just goes down hill really quickly, and the kids deserve better than that.  This is my second week of doing this, and I'm finding my body is starting to adjust.  I had an easier time waking up today that last Monday.  I also slept in over the weekend, so I'm sure that helped.  Husband is my accountability partner, but he will be traveling for a week and half, starting Wednesday.  I hope I can still keep it up while he's gone! 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 11, 2017, 08:34:01 AM
I've not heard from her, either.  Hopefully, she's just busy.  Keep us posted, dymph. 

Getting up early definitely makes a difference for the better.  I've been wanting to do this for years, but I'm selfish and have not been willing to give up my late nights and sleeping in  :-[.  The actual act of getting out of the bed early is torturous for me.  But, once I'm up and moving, I'm good to go.  Early mornings are pretty peaceful.   It really sets the tone for the whole day, too.  I find I'm better prepared to greet the kids with a smile and a hug when they get up, if I'm already prayed, dressed, and have had time to ease into the day.  If I get up at the same time they do, I already feel a step behind, and I end up flustered and aggravated, which trickles down to them and it really effects their behavior and the whole day ahead.  It just goes down hill really quickly, and the kids deserve better than that.  This is my second week of doing this, and I'm finding my body is starting to adjust.  I had an easier time waking up today that last Monday.  I also slept in over the weekend, so I'm sure that helped.  Husband is my accountability partner, but he will be traveling for a week and half, starting Wednesday.  I hope I can still keep it up while he's gone!

You inspire me, Munda. I just need a posse of Littles to force me to rise above my bed and become an active woman. I woke myself up this morning around 7:45, talking in my sleep. Been doing this lately. Can't remember the dream, but I'm sure I was waxing profound, without my clothes on.

MundaCorMeum

You're in a different phase.  I fully intend to just sleep until I wake up natural and lounge around in my bathrobe, drinking coffee, once all the kids are gone  ;D

Regina Caeli

Good morning, everyone! Coffee or Dr. Pepper...? Hmmm... How about some fresh-squeezed orange juice?

dymphna17

Oooo, that sounds really good RC!  Tomorrow, if you want, I'll bring croissants, you bring the oj and we'll have a hump day feast!  We'll just need some butter and honey.  I think that's around here somewhere.  MLG, did you hide the honey for the tea somewhere?  Maybe Bernadette has seen it.  Well anyway, we'll find it before tomorrow.  Oh St. Anthony....
?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Regina Caeli on September 11, 2017, 09:18:04 AM
Good morning, everyone! Coffee or Dr. Pepper...? Hmmm... How about some fresh-squeezed orange juice?

Dr Pepper the pop or the shooter?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie