Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

GOOD MORNING MY PEEPS! I am done depressing the troops. Nothing is resolved, but I must move on. No more indulging my grief, right? Makes for a very dull thread. So.....get up. Get going. It's time.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Jayne

We had a memorial service for my mother yesterday evening.  I finally had a good cry for the first time since she died.  I feel so much better.

There is an overwhelming amount of legal and financial stuff to deal with: settling my mother's will, moving my dad in with me, selling his condo.  I have to talk with lawyers and bankers and accountants, oh my.  I really really dislike this sort of thing. But somehow this morning it just seems easier to face.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on April 20, 2017, 07:51:58 AM
We had a memorial service for my mother yesterday evening.  I finally had a good cry for the first time since she died.  I feel so much better.

There is an overwhelming amount of legal and financial stuff to deal with: settling my mother's will, moving my dad in with me, selling his condo.  I have to talk with lawyers and bankers and accountants, oh my.  I really really dislike this sort of thing. But somehow this morning it just seems easier to face.

Jayne I am glad you had a good cry. To be helped out of this world and into the next by a loved one is surely the way I want to go. And now, the legal aspects of death. My brother will have that chore when my dad goes. I would not want me near any of that business. My brother, not a lawyer, but very capable, will do a fine job. And so will you, Jayne. I will pray it goes smoothly. God bless you for your charity and love towards family. Some of us have the lovey thing down, but not so much the duty. You do. A good example. Thank you.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 19, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Non Nobis on April 19, 2017, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: orate on April 19, 2017, 11:51:00 AM

I wish the fruits of the Holy Ghost included being comfort-seeking - I would be doing great!  (Actually that couch doesn't look too comfy anyway).

But you, Dymphna, deserve much more physical comfort, and the Holy Ghost (being God!) can help you with that too, if He wills.

That is so sweet of you to say, Non.  The rack and a hair shirt is what I deserve but your kindness would get me a sweet feather (non allergenic  :)  ) bed and a soft fluffy pillow.  You all are too good to me.  I hope you are having a good day!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Quote from: orate on April 19, 2017, 04:57:58 PM
Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight.  Sorry the couch looks so uncomfortable.  Pray for a good trip.  I invariably get a migraine when in Dallas.  Took my allergy meds preemptively.  Hope that helps me.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Have you made it alright?  No migraine I pray?!   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Good Thursday Morning!  May the good Lord and His Blessed Mother and all of the saints and holy Angels bless our day today!

?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 20, 2017, 08:30:09 AM
Good Thursday Morning!  May the good Lord and His Blessed Mother and all of the saints and holy Angels bless our day today!

Thank you dymphna! Perfect!
Orate, hope you are well and not battling a migraine. Enjoy yourself, orate.

Carleendiane

SOOOOOO! After that carnage of 2 nights ago, with the sad death of 3 of my ducks, I decided to put the rest of the ducks into a stall in my barn. Cute as ducks may be, they are equally stupid. Trying to change what they do routinely, is hard. Bringing them out of their pen and walking them around to the back of my big barn, was like trying to herd 50 preschoolers in the same direction. But, I did manage, with some help, to get them safely locked up for the night. Went out there this morn to free them and, of course they went in many directions, none of which was the right way. I got a bit frustrated and told my dog to go get the ducks. He gently herded everyone into their pen. Good dog.

Jayne

We used to have ducks back when I lived on a farm.  The trick is to keep them in a long narrow pen. 

Then you can get all your ducks in a row.  ;D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944[/yt]

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on April 20, 2017, 10:08:14 AM
We used to have ducks back when I lived on a farm.  The trick is to keep them in a long narrow pen. 

OK smarty pants. I'll try it!  ;)

Non Nobis

Quote from: Jayne on April 20, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

I love it (it is such a perfect fit here)  :lol:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Quote from: Jayne on April 20, 2017, 07:51:58 AM

I really feel for you.  Two years ago, when my Mom died, I had my best cry when visiting her at the funeral home, with no one else there (they let me have a little time with her).

I was the first trustee, and the only one of the siblings without a job, so I dealt with the burial/funeral/lawyer/realtor/banking/trust too.  But it was easier for me, because my Dad had passed on 14 years earlier, and because I just continued to live at my Mom's house for months (while keeping my own condo).  Plus my brother and sister-in-law did most of the non-paperwork (physical) work with regard to selling the house, and moving on nearly 50 years of belongings full of memories.  In any case, I was pretty much a nervous wreck through the whole thing.  (I suspect you handle it better).
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Good Morning! Good morning, before it is no longer morning. I was helping to edit an application for a patent my hubby is seeking. Took most of my morning. Though I do confess that I slept in, got up about 10 to 9. 

Jayne

I had breakfast at McDonalds with my brother.  I ordered a small coffee.  The service person seemed surprised and asked me to repeat what size I wanted.  While they were filling the order, I told my brother,

"I don't think she believed me about wanting a small coffee.  I must look like I need more than that.  I feel like I look like I need more than that."

When we got our order, my brother commented that the coffee cup seemed too big, but I don't eat at McDonalds enough to know what it should look like.  After we were done he went to get a medium coffee to take back to his wife.  It was the same size as the one that I had just had. So he said,

"See, I told you your coffee was too big."

And I said,

"I told you that she didn't believe me about wanting a small coffee."

Carleendiane

Good Morning just letting you know the pot is on! One IV is set out