Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

orate

Hi all, Enjoy this beautiful day during the Octave of Easter!  Let the feast continue!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Chestertonian

Quote from: orate on April 17, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

Hi all, Enjoy this beautiful day during the Octave of Easter!  Let the feast continue!

You camt make me!!!!!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 17, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

Now there are some sane peeps. My mystery flavored peeps were nothing but disappointment.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 17, 2017, 08:47:04 AM
Quote from: orate on April 17, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

You camt make me!!!!!

Give it up, Ches. Give in to it. I'm rooting for ya.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 17, 2017, 08:57:29 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on April 17, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

Now there are some sane peeps. My mystery flavored peeps were nothing but disappointment.

These are mystery peeps to me. My browser, at work, is not showing them.  >:(
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

We've been up and at it for awhile!  Good morning  :). Husband and I are packing up to take the kids to spend the day at the lake.  Last family day before he goes back to work and we go back to school.  It's going to be a lovely day....looking forward to it

Bernadette

Carleen! I'm up!  ;D You up? What's on the schedule for today? Anything wonderful? :) I get the house to myself since my aunt has an appointment in the next town over; so I'll be working on projects and probably doing some cleaning. Definitely laundry. Other projects include some embroidery, leather working, language study, word processing, etc. With breaks for snacks, of course. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on April 18, 2017, 05:44:22 AM
Carleen! I'm up!  ;D You up? What's on the schedule for today? Anything wonderful? :) I get the house to myself since my aunt has an appointment in the next town over; so I'll be working on projects and probably doing some cleaning. Definitely laundry. Other projects include some embroidery, leather working, language study, word processing, etc. With breaks for snacks, of course. ;)

Yes, Bird, been up for a while, trying to figure out a way to convey my sadness over hurting a new friend with words that should not have been spoken, let alone thought. I will take it to the bank and be much more careful in the future. Careful and kind.  Good morning bird. I will get over the most justified correction I have received!

orate

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

^ That was me, a few weeks ago. I was so interested in my various projects that I just didn't want to sleep.  ::) I'm reminded of St. Teresa herself, in this, since she often lamented that she had to eat and sleep and cater to the needs of the body, in order to allow the spirit to do what it wanted and what it loved. Thankfully, the Church teaches that our bodies are precious: temples of the Holy Spirit, and the walled garden in which Christ delights to dwell with us. :)
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on April 18, 2017, 09:07:29 AM
^ That was me, a few weeks ago. I was so interested in my various projects that I just didn't want to sleep.  ::) I'm reminded of St. Teresa herself, in this, since she often lamented that she had to eat and sleep and cater to the needs of the body, in order to allow the spirit to do what it wanted and what it loved. Thankfully, the Church teaches that our bodies are precious: temples of the Holy Spirit, and the walled garden in which Christ delights to dwell with us. :)

Some of the saints have some pretty harsh words to say about the body

we kept my son home again having a little extra time for easter.   hegot some books for easter wants to read all day so r went to the park and got to go with him

trying not to be miserable..The sun is shining and I'm home and it's easter..  everyone is together.. this is as good as it's going to get but my mind is in the past and future
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 18, 2017, 11:12:15 AM

Some of the saints have some pretty harsh words to say about the body
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak, pretty much sums it up.

we kept my son home again having a little extra time for easter.   hegot some books for easter wants to read all day so r went to the park and got to go with him
This is so sweet.

trying not to be miserable..The sun is shining and I'm home and it's easter..  everyone is together.. this is as good as it's going to get but my mind is in the past and future

:pray3:
My Lord and my God.