Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orate

Good morning all.  I return a crisp salute to you, carleen.

Which reminds me of an incident in my youth.  When I was a senior in college, the head of the nursing department (my major) was a bird colonel in the Army Reserves.  In true military style she carried herself most sternly and nobody messed with her.   

At that time I'd taken to saluting as a form of greeting instead of waving.  So naturally when I passed the Head of the Department in the hall I greeted her with a salute.  I realized too late that what I had done could be construed as a sign of disrespect  as I was not a member of the military.  I had meant it only as a greeting to my superior.  I was mortified.

God bless her, she just nodded in acknowledgement of me and nothing was ever said.  Needless to say, I went back to traditional waving after that. :doh:
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 05, 2017, 07:35:23 AM
I say "Good Morning" with a crisp salute. Not really because I can't salute you all yet. But I would if I could.

Come now soldier!  Salute or drop and give me 40!  I knew you could do it.  Just kidding.  Just fold your hands with a crisp Ave.  Much easier.  ;)  I'm feeling a little crispy and crunchy this morning myself.  I wonder how much is due to a cold, rainy, and windy day?  Oh, well.  Onward and upward we go!  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 05, 2017, 09:03:18 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 05, 2017, 07:35:23 AM
I say "Good Morning" with a crisp salute. Not really because I can't salute you all yet. But I would if I could.

Come now soldier!  Salute or drop and give me 40!  I knew you could do it.  Just kidding.  Just fold your hands with a crisp Ave.  Much easier.  ;)  I'm feeling a little crispy and crunchy this morning myself.  I wonder how much is due to a cold, rainy, and windy day?  Oh, well.  Onward and upward we go!  :)

Good morning, my friendly warrior. I tried to do 40. I did half. Of one. Cold here, been rainy, nothing to bolster the troops. But, it is another day, for me to get things done. Another day. For us. Praised be Jesus.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: orate on April 05, 2017, 09:00:47 AM

Which reminds me of an incident in my youth.  When I was a senior in college, the head of the nursing department (my major) was a bird colonel in the Army Reserves.  In true military style she carried herself most sternly and nobody messed with her.   

At that time I'd taken to saluting as a form of greeting instead of waving.  So naturally when I passed the Head of the Department in the hall I greeted her with a salute.  I realized too late that what I had done could be construed as a sign of disrespect  as I was not a member of the military.  I had meant it only as a greeting to my superior.  I was mortified.

God bless her, she just nodded in acknowledgement of me and nothing was ever said.  Needless to say, I went back to traditional waving after that. :doh:

Oh, I'll bet you were mortified!  I can only imagine.  The sign of a true lady is to encounter adversity and walk away as if nothing happened.  The military helps with that!  I'll be nursing school didn't hurt either.   ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 05, 2017, 09:34:22 AM

Oh, I'll bet you were mortified!  I can only imagine.  The sign of a true lady is to encounter adversity and walk away as if nothing happened.  The military helps with that!  I'll be nursing school didn't hurt either.   ;)

Yes, we REALLY need to learn to let things slide. At first response we are for the most part cordial, but if we go on and on it is like  :deadhorse: We lose our cordiality and become more frantic, and rude about getting our point across, or our need to be understood. All comes down to pride and a dose of the litany of humility is required by then.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 05, 2017, 10:35:47 AM

Yes, we REALLY need to learn to let things slide. At first response we are for the most part cordial, but if we go on and on it is like  :deadhorse: We lose our cordiality and become more frantic, and rude about getting our point across, or our need to be understood. All comes down to pride and a dose of the litany of humility is required by then.

???

Carleen, I was just relating an incident from my youth.  Not sure what you mean by letting it slide, and rudeness and pride.  And I see nothing of that on Dymphna's response either.  It sounded to me like she was complimenting the Head of the Department  for walking away from adversity.  I don't know what your response means in relation to the above quotes, unless you meant to post in another thread.  If not, please explain.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 05, 2017, 01:15:53 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 05, 2017, 10:35:47 AM

???

Carleen, I was just relating an incident from my youth.  Not sure what you mean by letting it slide, and rudeness and pride.  And I see nothing of that on Dymphna's response either.  It sounded to me like she was complimenting the Head of the Department  for walking away from adversity.  I don't know what your response means in relation to the above quotes, unless you meant to post in another thread.  If not, please explain.

O4ate, I had in mind the Co sleeping thread, and just that like that woman you saluted, of the two involved predominantly in the thread, one should have just dropped it. Let it go. Had nothing to do with you or dymph, just in general on these threads that get hot, someone should walk away and allow it to cool down. If someone doesn't get your point, seems that's pretty obvious within a few exchanges. Your Woman officer was gracious and did not push you for saluting or beat you up for it. Maybe not a good example to use. I liked your story.

orate

OK. I see now.  This is why I try to avoid posting in the hot topic threads--parenting, dress codes, feminism etc.  Everyone has an opinion.  But the problem comes when we think our opinion is dogma.  You are right, most often walking away is preferable to escalating.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: orate on April 05, 2017, 04:53:48 PM
OK. I see now.  This is why I try to avoid posting in the hot topic threads--parenting, dress codes, feminism etc.  Everyone has an opinion.  But the problem comes when we think our opinion is dogma.  You are right, most often walking away is preferable to escalating.
Wise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphna17

?

dymphna17

Just a simple question:

?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 06, 2017, 05:42:14 AM
Good morning Peeps!

We don't get to have peeps until Sunday, dymph, but I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks for the sunrise! In 3 days we get to have the Son Rise!

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 06, 2017, 05:43:45 AM
Just a simple question:

A perfect question to ask! I do look like a troll. Why?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 06, 2017, 07:00:38 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on April 06, 2017, 05:43:45 AM
Just a simple question:

A perfect question to ask! I do look like a troll. Why?

An even harder question to answer would be, why do trolls look like us?  They are trolls, shouldn't they have their own species look?  Or did I miss the tale that told everyone they are half human?  These are things to ponder at 4:00 am.   ;) ;D
?

orate

Salutations, peeps!

For the record:

TROLLS a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.
synonyms:   goblin, hobgoblin, gnome, halfling, demon, monster, bugaboo, ogre
"the storybook trolls who live under the bridge"