Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 03, 2017, 07:07:22 AM
For the Bird - Day 3

St. Teresa of Avila

O Saint Teresa, seraphic Virgin, beloved spouse of thy crucified Lord, thou who on earth didst burn with a love so intense toward thy God and my God, and now dost glow with a brighter and purer flame in paradise: obtain for me also, I beseech thee, a spark of that same holy fire which shall cause me to forget the world, all things created, and even myself; for thou didst ever avidly desire to see Him loved by all men. Grant that my every thought and desire and affection may be continually directed to doing the will of God, the supreme Good, whether I am in joy or in pain, for He is worthy to be loved and obeyed forever. Obtain for me this grace, thou who art so powerful with God; may I be all on fire, like thee, with the holy love of God. Amen.

(S. Alphonsus M. de' Liguori) An indulgence of 300 days. A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, if this prayer is said devoutly every day for a month.

Thanks Dymphna.

I missed Sunday even though I have it printed out. Will say another...
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Good Morning my peoples. So happy to have woke up this morning ;) please pray the prayer for Bird if you think of it. And could someone pretty please post a pic here! Thank you.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 04, 2017, 07:54:37 AM

Orate, didn't see you yesterday, but you're here todsy, and with a pic!!! That is so cute. One year we had baby bunnies. We would bring them in the house and just watch them hop around and they were so fun. About 6 of them. We would sit in a circle and spread our legs to keep the in. They were no more than 3 inches long and adorable. Thanks and good morning Orate!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Carleen thank you for missing me.  Some days I'm just crazy busy or just too foggy to put a complete sentence together.  So I just lurk and eavesdrop on the conversations.  LOL

I don't know if you saw in the racing thread that I live in the Chicago area and have relatives outside Detroit.  And in June my son will be taking a job at Chrysler in Auburn.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to drop into one of your wonderful sounding parties and meet in person!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 04, 2017, 08:32:49 AM
Carleen thank you for missing me.  Some days I'm just crazy busy or just too foggy to put a complete sentence together.  So I just lurk and eavesdrop on the conversations.  LOL

I don't know if you saw in the racing thread that I live in the Chicago area and have relatives outside Detroit.  And in June my son will be taking a job at Chrysler in Auburn.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to drop into one of your wonderful sounding parties and meet in person!
Quote from: orate on April 04, 2017, 08:32:49 AM

Orate, I would jump at the chance to meet in person! If you come we will just call it a party! Even if we just have coffee and talk. Oh I would love a meet up with you ladies.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 04, 2017, 09:06:37 AM

Orate, I would jump at the chance to meet in person! If you come we will just call it a party! Even if we just have coffee and talk. Oh I would love a meet up with you ladies.

Maybe I'll have my DH dump me off at your place when he helps my son move his stuff. :cheer:

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 04, 2017, 09:16:19 AM

Maybe I'll have my DH dump me off at your place when he helps my son move his stuff. :cheer:

Oh yes, please do. That would just be great! I will pm my contact info.

orate

For the Bird - Day 4

St. Teresa of Avila

O Saint Teresa, seraphic Virgin, beloved spouse of thy crucified Lord, thou who on earth didst burn with a love so intense toward thy God and my God, and now dost glow with a brighter and purer flame in paradise: obtain for me also, I beseech thee, a spark of that same holy fire which shall cause me to forget the world, all things created, and even myself; for thou didst ever avidly desire to see Him loved by all men. Grant that my every thought and desire and affection may be continually directed to doing the will of God, the supreme Good, whether I am in joy or in pain, for He is worthy to be loved and obeyed forever. Obtain for me this grace, thou who art so powerful with God; may I be all on fire, like thee, with the holy love of God. Amen.

(S. Alphonsus M. de' Liguori) An indulgence of 300 days. A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, if this prayer is said devoutly every day for a month.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 04, 2017, 09:18:01 AM

hat would be great--He will probably be moving in May after graduation.  I'll pm you my info as well.

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 04, 2017, 10:28:01 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 04, 2017, 09:18:01 AM

hat would be great--He will probably be moving in May after graduation.  I'll pm you my info as well.

???

orate

So Sorry carleen, I thought I'd written that I'd pm you with my contact info as well.

Carleendiane

Yahoo! Ready for my day. Sorta. Nope. Not. But I  am making my way. Getting my coffee right now!

dymphna17

For the Bird - Day 5

St. Teresa of Avila

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

I say "Good Morning" with a crisp salute. Not really because I can't salute you all yet. But I would if I could.