Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Woke up late. I'm a terrible good morning lady. Somehow the morning war cry, coming at 10 oclock, is like a lead baloon. Who cares by 10. It's almost time for lunch.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 31, 2017, 08:13:13 AM
Woke up late. I'm a terrible good morning lady. Somehow the morning war cry, coming at 10 oclock, is like a lead baloon. Who cares by 10. It's almost time for lunch.

This was I, yesterday! LOL  I understand completely.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 31, 2017, 08:28:46 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 31, 2017, 08:13:13 AM

This was I, yesterday! LOL  I understand completely.

Thanks Orate, it seems I am in good company. Don't get why so tired, but can't say I don't enjoy sleeping in!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: orate on March 30, 2017, 08:53:13 AM
I started typing my message in the sign in spot. 

That's nothing. I just pasted a whole PM into the "find" field on my browser! I can't find the box now. Oh, there it is! Good thing I already sent the PM.

OK, I'm going to eat humble pie and admit that not only do I get up late, but I stay in my PJs until almost lunch time (and it is a late lunch).  There's nobody here to see me. Shhh.. this is a secret.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Quote from: Non Nobis on March 31, 2017, 02:33:25 PM

That's nothing. I just pasted a whole PM into the "find" field on my browser! I can't find the box now. Oh, there it is! Good thing I already sent the PM.

OK, I'm going to eat humble pie and admit that not only do I get up late, but I stay in my PJs until almost lunch time (and it is a late lunch).  There's nobody here to see me. Shhh.. this is a secret.

My paisano!   :beer:  I knew there was something special about you, Non.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on March 31, 2017, 02:33:25 PM

Hi Non! Hey, you do know what goes ion in this thread, stays in this thread. Your secret is safe!

Carleendiane

Hey guys!! Did you know Non stays in jammie's until lunch, a late lunch!!!!!!!  But, who cares. No one can see her.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 31, 2017, 02:42:52 PM
Hey guys!! Did you know Non stays in jammie's until lunch, a late lunch!!!!!!!  But, who cares. No one can see her.

Me and MY big mouth!   ;D
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

I would like to start a novena to St Teresa of Avila for Bernadette.  We don't know what is going on with her, but I do know that we can always use extra prayers.  If she is in need of them, here they are.  If not, you can't waste graces.  Hopefully our "Bird", as Carleen calls her, will be back with us again very soon.  In the mean time, we pray.  Please join me in saying this novena.  Following Orate's wonderful example, I will repost this every day.

St. Teresa of Avila

O Saint Teresa, seraphic Virgin, beloved spouse of thy crucified Lord, thou who on earth didst burn with a love so intense toward thy God and my God, and now dost glow with a brighter and purer flame in paradise: obtain for me also, I beseech thee, a spark of that same holy fire which shall cause me to forget the world, all things created, and even myself; for thou didst ever avidly desire to see Him loved by all men. Grant that my every thought and desire and affection may be continually directed to doing the will of God, the supreme Good, whether I am in joy or in pain, for He is worthy to be loved and obeyed forever. Obtain for me this grace, thou who art so powerful with God; may I be all on fire, like thee, with the holy love of God. Amen.

(S. Alphonsus M. de' Liguori) An indulgence of 300 days. A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, if this prayer is said devoutly every day for a month.

http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=105  ^^^
?

dymphna17

The Good Morning thread is officially open!  Who has breakfast? 

Happy Saturday!  **This is 1st Saturday for anyone that needs a reminder.**

?

Carleendiane

What a cute picture! Said my prayer for bird and ready to go. Thanks for getting the thread going!

dymphna17

No problemo!  Prayers said, day has begun.   8)  No breakfast yet, though.   :(
?

Carleendiane

Oh my Dymphna, I feel better already. As though whatever reason she's gone, at least I've done something for her. Maybe we can post bird pics until she comes back. Of course other pics are fine, just lots of birds. I am so happy to have a friend like you who knows how I feel. I could cry at her leaving but get such good virtual hugs from you, I wont. Too good to me.

Carleendiane

It's such a glorious, beautiful day here. Chilly but warm to look at. Sun is full, skies clear, animals peaceful and lounging in the sun. A perfectly good day. Don't waste it!

Going to walk the property for 25 min or so, and say my rosary for you my wonderful Internet friends. God bless.