Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 27, 2017, 07:31:00 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on March 27, 2017, 07:20:33 PM
I will take that as a great compliment.  I think in many ways we are all just peas in a pod. And a holy pod at that! A holy pod apparently full of beer and cheese hats, but a pod none the less.   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
I've discovered recently that a good deal of progress can be made in "getting along with others" and finding peace of soul, if we try to find something (anything) in common with individuals we have an aversion to. It makes them seem more...like us:P It's expanding the pod, if you will.

Oh my, Bird. This is so basic and true. My oldest son, when seventeen worked with terrible messed up people. I asked him how he could stand it. He said mom, everyone has at least one good thing about them, or you may have one thing in common, so it's easy.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

I will take that as a great compliment.  I think in many ways we are all just peas in a pod. And a holy pod at that! A holy pod apparently full of beer and cheese hats, but a pod none the less.   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
I've discovered recently that a good deal of progress can be made in "getting along with others" and finding peace of soul, if we try to find something (anything) in common with individuals we have an aversion to. It makes them seem more...like us:P It's expanding the pod, if you will.

But I don't wanna get along...
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 27, 2017, 07:41:11 PM

Oh my, Bird. This is so basic and true. My oldest son, when seventeen worked with terrible messed up people. I asked him how he could stand it. He said mom, everyone has at least one good thing about them, or you may have one thing in common, so it's easy.

Look! It's one of my favorite books, illustrating how to get along with people!  ;D https://librivox.org/everybodys-lonesome-by-clara-e-laughlin/

It was mind-boggling (and fascinating), I tell ye's!  :eek:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Hey, good morning. To all of you sleepy heads and non sleepy heads. Remember!!!! Today is tuesday. That's all.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Dear dymphna, big foot had an awesome job with parks and recreation. Really on the down low. So he figured that it was time to settle down. He always liked abominal. But abominal  was male. One day Ness showed up in a lake (in upper mi) tells Biggie, that Abbey is abominal's new name. The rest is history. Oh, now biggie is only seen proudly wearing his ranger uniform....though they had no shoes to fit him. Abbey is looking for maternity clothes.

Carleendiane

Orate, may we please get a picture for tuesday? It's a bit bare without a morning pic.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Jayne

This video has a morning feeling to me for some reason:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHKsS2hFzbs[/yt]
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 28, 2017, 09:12:42 AM

Now, that's better orate, thank you. Inspirational and resonates with the inner child. I feel very sweet inside seeing this most insightful, inspiring, influencing, and inner child post. Thanks again orate!

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 28, 2017, 09:43:25 AM

Now, that's better orate, thank you. Inspirational and resonates with the inner child. I feel very sweet inside seeing this most insightful, inspiring, influencing, and inner child post. Thanks again orate!

I just thought the image went quite nicely with dymphna's not wanting to get along....
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on March 28, 2017, 09:22:14 AM
This video has a morning feeling to me for some reason:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHKsS2hFzbs[/yt]

Must be the big sag on standing up child. And the fact dad is doing it all by self, like mom just left for work.

Carleendiane

Orate, pic please. We need help getting around. Some inspiration. So help me here. Bird! Did you sleep last night? Well get out of bed and make sign of the cross. Put on slippers and robe and stretch. There now, feel any better. Orate, you feeling the day yet? I am. A new day, for us. Dymph, you sleep. Catch it while you can!

orate

orate

I'm up and at 'em.  Dressed.  Breakfast eaten.  Pills taken.  Ready to face the day.  Not really....