Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Well we sure are living in interesting times!  i think we can all agree on that

hopeyour monthly confession goes well bernadette although idont think most priests see hearing confessions as a penance--theywouldnt have become priests otherwise.  would be like me becoming a teacher but not wanting to grade papers.  it's what you sign up for

todaythey are having a party in my co-op because they just reopened this community area that was under construction for years (i am not sure why, i think paperwork, and disputes over what to do with it, or something like that.  sothey designed a "green space" on the roof with some kind of community garden thing and a gym and a kids play area.  well at least our fees will actually go towards something now.  might put some real clothes on and ride up the elevator if we're feeling adventurous.  my son really really wants to go.  would be interesting to see who actually lives behind all the doors we walk past and who is behind the windows on all the other floors.  but then....socializing. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 25, 2017, 10:08:04 AM
Yes, but times with great potential for glory and merit in heaven. Onward, my fellow soldiers of Christ!  :patriot: :canada: We need a Sacred Heat flag smiley.

Quotehopeyour monthly confession goes well bernadette although idont think most priests see hearing confessions as a penance--theywouldnt have become priests otherwise.  would be like me becoming a teacher but not wanting to grade papers.  it's what you sign up for
Lol, no I meant the direction part. Often I get the impression that my poor priest just..doesn't know what to make of me. I'll never forget his reaction the first time I asked him about mortification:
":huh: Bernadette...[shakes head] Where do you get these things?"
"I was reading True Devotion to Mary?"
"[Monotone, as though reciting from a catechism] Mortification is the act of emptying and humbling ourselves, in order to allow God to raise us up."
":confused:"

I didn't understand this in the slightest, at the time, and was left with the impression that he was giving me a rather textbook answer, in order to just give me an answer and thus get me to go away. Like in To Kill a Mockingbird, when Scout asks Atticus what rape is, and he gives her the dictionary definition (which he knows she can't understand, and thus is perfectly comfortable giving it to her). :P Now, I look back on it and realize that he probably didn't understand what kind of information I was asking for.

Quotetodaythey are having a party in my co-op because they just reopened this community area that was under construction for years (i am not sure why, i think paperwork, and disputes over what to do with it, or something like that.  sothey designed a "green space" on the roof with some kind of community garden thing and a gym and a kids play area.  well at least our fees will actually go towards something now.  might put some real clothes on and ride up the elevator if we're feeling adventurous.  my son really really wants to go.  would be interesting to see who actually lives behind all the doors we walk past and who is behind the windows on all the other floors.  but then....socializing.
That's nice! Good for you! :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 25, 2017, 10:08:04 AM

hopeyour monthly confession goes well bernadette although idont think most priests see hearing confessions as a penance--theywouldnt have become priests otherwise.  would be like me becoming a teacher but not wanting to grade papers.  it's what you sign up for

todaythey are having a party in my co-op because they just reopened this community area that was under construction for years (i am not sure why, i think paperwork, and disputes over what to do with it, or something like that.  sothey designed a "green space" on the roof with some kind of community garden thing and a gym and a kids play area.  well at least our fees will actually go towards something now.  might put some real clothes on and ride up the elevator if we're feeling adventurous.  my son really really wants to go.  would be interesting to see who actually lives behind all the doors we walk past and who is behind the windows on all the other floors.  but then....socializing.

Morning Ches, do go up if for no other reason than to show off your super duper, transforming, flame throwing, racing machine. No, I guess you'd just go for son. Good enough reason. Getting ready is the hard part. Being there, not so bad.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 25, 2017, 10:30:11 AM
Getting ready is the hard part. Being there, not so bad.
This is so true, in so many ways.
My Lord and my God.

orate

Get up everyone!  Time to get ready for Mass!

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 26, 2017, 06:54:57 AM

What is on his head! Orate, you took the words right out of my mouth? Fingers? So....listen to Orate.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 26, 2017, 07:21:02 AM

What is on his head! Orate, you took the words right out of my mouth? Fingers? So....listen to Orate.

Umm, hair?   :whistling: :lol:  Good morning all!  If you are talking about that white fuzzy horn looking thing, it is a white fuzzy horn looking thing on a wall behind him.   :P ;)  Hope you all have a blessed day!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

orate

What is on his head!

So I let my fingers do the walking and find what I think is a beautiful picture of a young trad priest consecrating the wine.  And what does Carleen see?  The fuzzy white thing on the wall behind him! LOL 

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 26, 2017, 07:46:36 AM

What is on his head!

So I let my fingers do the walking and find what I think is a beautiful picture of a young trad priest consecrating the wine.  And what does Carleen see?  The fuzzy white thing on the wall behind him! LOL 

I know, right? What a nincompoop. As a trad priest of course it is something behind him!

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Morning! Back from Mass, ate my muffin... Ah, quiet.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Chestertonian

Trying to pray from the missal while bmy family is ay mass watched on my tablet

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

I lol'd at this one.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on March 27, 2017, 08:02:53 AM
I lol'd at this one.

Thanks Jayne, missed your pics. Actually missed you Jayne. How's mom?

orate

Good morning, all.  Looks like Jayne beat me to the punch this am.  I guess I can give my fingers a rest today.  Nice to see you posting here again, Jayne.  That meme is hilarious!