Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Thank you orate. That is what good morning was missing. And you sweep in and provide. Thank you. And...good morning!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 22, 2017, 07:15:55 AM
Dymphna,  how's it going for you this morn? Migraine? Hope not. Really hope not my buddy.

Yeah well, I was really hoping that the pain med they gave me for the other stuff, Oxycodone, would kick the migraine out the door.  I've heard alot of controversy about this med, so I hoped it would be strong enough to get rid of the migraine too.  It eased it enough that I got to sleep a few hours at a time as well as for the most part getting rid of the pain from the other stuff.  And then it would wear off, with the body happy to remind me why I was taking it.  Why's the bod gotta be like dat?   :'(  It's just rude to do that to a person.  And mean.  Yeah, that's it!  It's rude and mean.  So, that's how I am this morning, I'm rude and mean.   :crazy:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: orate on March 22, 2017, 08:00:54 AM

Enjoy your coffee, ladies and gents!
No; no, that's cocoa. It is. It's virtual, so it can be whatever I want it to be under all that whipped cream.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 22, 2017, 08:08:40 AM
Dymphna,  how's it going for you this morn? Migraine? Hope not. Really hope not my buddy.

Yeah well, I was really hoping that the pain med they gave me for the other stuff, Oxycodone, would kick the migraine out the door.  I've heard alot of controversy about this med, so I hoped it would be strong enough to get rid of the migraine too.  It eased it enough that I got to sleep a few hours at a time as well as for the most part getting rid of the pain from the other stuff.  And then it would wear off, with the body happy to remind me why I was taking it.  Why's the bod gotta be like dat?   :'(  It's just rude to do that to a person.  And mean.  Yeah, that's it!  It's rude and mean.  So, that's how I am this morning, I'm rude and mean.   :crazy:

Maybe you are a nàaààasty woman.

You do know I'm joking dymphna, right? You are far from a nasty woman. You are sweet whether you think so or not!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 22, 2017, 08:32:02 AM

You do know I'm joking dymphna, right? You are far from a nasty woman. You are sweet whether you think so or not!

:'(  It's true!  It's sad but true....(hehehe  now I'll get all kinds of attention, right?)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 22, 2017, 10:48:03 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 22, 2017, 08:32:02 AM

:'(  It's true!  It's sad but true....(hehehe  now I'll get all kinds of attention, right?)

Oh dymph, you are NOT a nasty woman. You are a good woman with a migraine.

Carleendiane

The controversy or difficulties come with abusing timed release oxycontin. That is a 12 hrs pill that people chew to get all the med at once for a mophine high. That is what I am on, plus oxycodone as a breakthrough drug. When oxycontin wanes I take oxycodone. I've never broken or chewed oxycontin and don't know what that would be like. It's dangerous and will suppress breathing. Which is why people end up in ER. So, your oxycodone can be chewed for quicker effect, without any damage to your breathing. You get only the amount you would have gotten if you swallowed and let digest slowly.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 22, 2017, 12:08:46 PMI've never broken or chewed oxycontin and don't know what that would be like. It's dangerous and will suppress breathing.

one of the good things about having a vent :lol:
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 22, 2017, 06:42:15 AM
Look at you, Ches, opening the Good Morning thread!  Good morning to you too!  So, adult medical day care?  That does sound rather, childish is the word that comes to mind, but I don't know that it fits right.  Insulting sounds better.  Not that insulting is in and of itself a  better thing to do, it's just a word that describes it.  Wow!  I'm really off in the weeds here, so I'm just going to get out here.  Good Morning!  :cheeseheadbeer:

yup.  adult day care is "a thing."  a thing i'm doing 2-3 days a week.   it is at the same facility i went to for respite care....same vent unit, just during the day.  Gotta love a program that starts out off the bat by insulting its participants but  at this point there isnt a whole lot out there as far as services go for people with my type of condition so we have to take what we can get.  oh well.  it will save our family some money while my wife goes on her leave.  They provide PT, speech, and respiratory therapy and mental health counseling all in one place so that's pretty good...  the therapists are all pretty good and understanding of my PTSD which is good, also way cheaper than getting all of these services at home(which we paya lot for) also have access to equipment that we dont have at home.   A lot of the folks here are "all there" mentally or at least most of the way there just have significant disabilities and respiratory failure.  perhaps i will start a grassroots movement among the patients to try to change the name to something more respectful. 

they have a bed for me to take a nap  during the day so that is good but not in bed all day like at home most days...so that's good. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 22, 2017, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on March 22, 2017, 06:42:15 AM
Look at you, Ches, opening the Good Morning thread!  Good morning to you too!  So, adult medical day care?  That does sound rather, childish is the word that comes to mind, but I don't know that it fits right.  Insulting sounds better.  Not that insulting is in and of itself a  better thing to do, it's just a word that describes it.  Wow!  I'm really off in the weeds here, so I'm just going to get out here.  Good Morning!  :cheeseheadbeer:

yup.  adult day care is "a thing."  a thing i'm doing 2-3 days a week.   it is at the same facility i went to for respite care....same vent unit, just during the day.  Gotta love a program that starts out off the bat by insulting its participants but  at this point there isnt a whole lot out there as far as services go for people with my type of condition so we have to take what we can get.  oh well.  it will save our family some money while my wife goes on her leave.  They provide PT, speech, and respiratory therapy and mental health counseling all in one place so that's pretty good...  the therapists are all pretty good and understanding of my PTSD which is good, also way cheaper than getting all of these services at home(which we paya lot for) also have access to equipment that we dont have at home.   A lot of the folks here are "all there" mentally or at least most of the way there just have significant disabilities and respiratory failure.  perhaps i will start a grassroots movement among the patients to try to change the name to something more respectful. 

they have a bed for me to take a nap  during the day so that is good but not in bed all day like at home most days...so that's good.

OK Ches, so far it seems to be a good place for you, both expensewise, and care. So yes, do start a movement to change the word "daycare".  You could send some peeps out to fix the sign. Have business cards made up with an appropriate respectful nsme. This could be real act of charity for all those that attend "daycare"! Glad they understand ptsd. A lot of people think they do but they dont. Ptsd, caused by Vietnam is different from that caused by an attack in your own backyard. There are principals that apply to most, but also differences which would change your approach to therapy. I wish I would have had some help with what I had to deal with at home. But, for the most part, I am beyond that. Still, the coping mechanisms we develop to protect ourselves are hard to shake. Your whole life may revolve around the next "event". A hard way to live. Don't want to depress you with my life, you have this to deal with in your own, between you and mrs. C. Glad you are in with people that "get" what it's like to be you, Ches. Really makes a difference. Day after day without this useful companionship would be very wearisome. At least you have your wife, and she is now on leave. Yahoo, despite the difficulties this may create. Yahoo. Love you even though we have never met, it feels like we have!,

Jayne

What is insulting about "day care"? It means care during the day.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Jayne on March 22, 2017, 04:17:24 PM

Because I'm a 35 year old man?    It's infantilizing

Jayne

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 22, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

Here is the basic definition:
Quoteday care
?d? ?ke(?)r/
noun
noun: day care; modifier noun: day-care; noun: daycare

daytime care for the needs of people who cannot be fully independent, such as children or elderly people.

I suppose it gets used primarily about children, but there is nothing intrinsically child-related in the term.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

Oh for goodness sakes

I know what daycare is and it's condescending of you to act as if I need a dictionary

There's a whole thread here about treating men with respect.

How do you think your husband would appreciate his   wife dropping him off at day care?  Do you think he'd have an easy time with that?  What about your grown sons

Or even daughters or yourself for that matter

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 22, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

Only if you let it be? Channel your inner Eleanor Roosevelt here, Ches.  8) Tell that nonsense where to get off, and enjoy something nice for yourself. I opened a new bar of soap today, and thought of you. :)
My Lord and my God.