Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Up yet???? Come on! Make this day THE day!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 18, 2017, 08:43:05 AM

Oh how I love baby pandas. God sure has blessed us with the cutest animals!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good morning Orate! Thanks for the adorable picture. Lifts my heart ever time I see baby pandas. Could they be any cuter?

Carleendiane

So, what are your plans for this fine day? When in gradeschool, we had guitar Masses, thanks to sister Arlene. Blahhhh. There was a song we sang a lot called "This is the Day that the Lord has Made". We had to endure so many guitar Masses. They even had a name for it...."Guitar Mass". At the time I knew no better and thought it was cool.

Carleendiane

Hi MLG, did you find the iv, it was right by the coffee pot. I see you.

Bernadette

Tried to go to confession, but confession was cancelled due to a pastoral emergency. Somebody in hospice.  :pray3: St. Joseph, this one's got your name on it.  :pray3: :pray3: Also picked up a bag FULL of cans, for the building fund.  :grin:
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 18, 2017, 09:29:26 AM

Carleen - that was you?  Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on March 18, 2017, 09:33:19 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 18, 2017, 09:29:26 AM

Carleen - that was you?  Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course that was me! I know what my peeps like!

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 18, 2017, 09:25:38 AM
So, what are your plans for this fine day?

Take a shower.  Rest.  Watch my DH grunt and swear as he puts together new headboard for DD's new bed. Rest.  Help him move it to her room.  Rest. Watch him grunt and swear as he tries to get hardware to fit bed frame. Rest. Iron new valances for the kitchen.  Rest.  If I'm lucky, and he hasn't fallen asleep, I'll watch DH grunt and swear as he tries to put up curtain rod and put up valance.  Rest.  And if I haven't fallen asleep, go to parish St. Joseph table tonight and hear Father Magiera sing opera for us!

When in gradeschool, we had guitar Masses, thanks to sister Arlene. Blahhhh. There was a song we sang a lot called "This is the Day that the Lord has Made". We had to endure so many guitar Masses. They even had a name for it...."Guitar Mass". At the time I knew no better and thought it was cool.

Yes, I was in the same boat when I was young.  I thought it was cool, too!  Live and learn.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Poor DH, Orate. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for DH, to gain grace and work on his vocabulary.  ;D

dymphna17

So, what are your plans for this fine day? When in gradeschool, we had guitar Masses, thanks to sister Arlene. Blahhhh. There was a song we sang a lot called "This is the Day that the Lord has Made". We had to endure so many guitar Masses. They even had a name for it...."Guitar Mass". At the time I knew no better and thought it was cool.

I never went to a "guitar Mass" that I remember. but in our history class we had Sr Mary St Jude who wore her cut off shorts and tube tops year round to make a point.  She began the year with playing her guitar while singing our lessons about  this nonsense, and asked us if we knew why she had burned her bra.  So why did she burn her bra, wear cut off short shorts and tube tops?  Every one of us had to give an answer.  Every one of us.  This included stupid little me.  The year was 1976.  The Bicentennial.  We only had one nun that was honoring the bicentennial.  She happened to be the only nun in a habit.  She said they told her she had to get with the times.  Nuns didn't wear habits anymore, they had to dress like the people she was trying to teach.  She said how will they know I'm a teacher if I'm dressed like them?  I command respect the minute I walk into a room in my habit.  It tells everyone everything they need to know about me.  So when the shorts and tube tops wearing nun asked what I thought, I told her that it told me everything I needed to know about her.  She was teaching us that she couldn't command respect without showing too much of her body, strumming a guitar, and singing bad songs loudly and badly.  I hoped she was putting this bad show on to teach us that Nuns belonged in habits to teach us good things about our Church and our Country.  In particular at this time when we have the bicentennial going on.  Those are the things to respect, not the silliness of what Sr Mary St Jude was doing.  Right?

Wrong.  I guess my Mom got an earful that night, and so did I.  This is when I learned that it's one thing to have the truth, but another to speak it out of line.  Some ears are deaf when it comes to the truth.  And when it comes to Adults, i was to show respect for the office and leave everything else alone.  If she asks for your opinion, knowing who she is, smile and politely say, "that's a lovely shade of green you are wearing." or whatever your can come up with without lying, and say it with a smile.  That's as close as I ever came to a "Guitar Mass".  And judging what a little snot I was, they were probably glad I never went to one.  lol   

My plans for the day are to write stupid annoying stories for you all or play them out in my head banging head.  Some of them come out pretty good and some, not so much.  I'm sorry, I shouldn't write stupid annoying stories for you all.  You haven't done anything to deserve them.  You are good people!  I must sleep now...  Love you guys!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 18, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

I never went to a "guitar Mass" that I remember. but in our history class we had Sr Mary St Jude who wore her cut off shorts and tube tops year round to make a point.  She began the year with playing her guitar while singing our lessons about  this nonsense, and asked us if we knew why she had burned her bra.  So why did she burn her bra, wear cut off short shorts and tube tops?  Every one of us had to give an answer.  Every one of us.  This included stupid little me.  The year was 1976.  The Bicentennial.  We only had one nun that was honoring the bicentennial.  She happened to be the only nun in a habit.  She said they told her she had to get with the times.  Nuns didn't wear habits anymore, they had to dress like the people she was trying to teach.  She said how will they know I'm a teacher if I'm dressed like them?  I command respect the minute I walk into a room in my habit.  It tells everyone everything they need to know about me.  So when the shorts and tube tops wearing nun asked what I thought, I told her that it told me everything I needed to know about her.  She was teaching us that she couldn't command respect without showing too much of her body, strumming a guitar, and singing bad songs loudly and badly.  I hoped she was putting this bad show on to teach us that Nuns belonged in habits to teach us good things about our Church and our Country.  In particular at this time when we have the bicentennial going on.  Those are the things to respect, not the silliness of what Sr Mary St Jude was doing.  Right?

Wrong.  I guess my Mom got an earful that night, and so did I.  This is when I learned that it's one thing to have the truth, but another to speak it out of line.  Some ears are deaf when it comes to the truth.  And when it comes to Adults, i was to show respect for the office and leave everything else alone.  If she asks for your opinion, knowing who she is, smile and politely say, "that's a lovely shade of green you are wearing." or whatever your can come up with without lying, and say it with a smile.  That's as close as I ever came to a "Guitar Mass".  And judging what a little snot I was, they were probably glad I never went to one.  lol   

My plans for the day are to write stupid annoying stories for you all or play them out in my head banging head.  Some of them come out pretty good and some, not so much.  I'm sorry, I shouldn't write stupid annoying stories for you all.  You haven't done anything to deserve them.  You are good people!  I must sleep now...  Love you guys!

Yes, sleep my friend your stories may even improve, though I enjoy them anyway! Love you and your head banging stupid head.

Carleendiane

Good morning! It's Sunday. But you know that. So get out of bed!

Chestertonian

The 70s sound like w horrible to.e to be Catholic

Listening tu y wife scramble to get both kids out the door before my mom gets here and she can lewve
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"