Previous topic - Next topic

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 09, 2017, 05:40:29 PM
Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on March 09, 2017, 05:35:01 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 09, 2017, 05:31:16 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 09, 2017, 05:10:26 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 09, 2017, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 09, 2017, 12:55:53 PM
So, they did NOT give me my ribs. Doc said that's up to pathology. Bummer. Was going to post a pic.

:lol: They didn't give me my wisdom teeth, either. Kind of disappointed me, honestly.

Oh bird, that is just bad business! Really, unless your tooth was taken out in pieces.
IKR? It would have been so fascinating, to be able to hold and inspect one that didn't get pushed out by other teeth.  :-\

They did show them to you though, right?  They reminded me of walrus tusks.  :lol:

Nope. Kinda sad really. Hard to find closure, you know? Lol.

Oh, I believe it!  They done you wrong, Carleen.  No doubt about it.   ;D

(And  :-[ I was actually talking about wisdom teeth looking like walrus tusks -- and wondered if the dentist showed Bernadette hers, even if he/she didn't let her inspect them.)

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on March 13, 2017, 11:06:57 AM
So, they did NOT give me my ribs. Doc said that's up to pathology. Bummer. Was going to post a pic.

:lol: They didn't give me my wisdom teeth, either. Kind of disappointed me, honestly.

Oh bird, that is just bad business! Really, unless your tooth was taken out in pieces.
IKR? It would have been so fascinating, to be able to hold and inspect one that didn't get pushed out by other teeth.  :-\

They did show them to you though, right?  They reminded me of walrus tusks.  :lol:

(And  :-[ I was actually talking about wisdom teeth looking like walrus tusks -- and wondered if the dentist showed Bernadette hers, even if he/she didn't let her inspect them.)

LYDIA ! you're empathy and compassion is like a warm blaket. I will be OK without my ribs. They may have given me a sense of importance I do not need! I would put them in my purse and pull out at every opportunity.  I would forget I'm not all that special. See, it was meant to be, you know, depriving me of my ribs.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on March 13, 2017, 11:06:57 AM

No. I was still loopy from the anesthetic
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Just me and the nurse today.  She's from Nigeria and brings her Bible to read during down time.  I think she is part of some Pentecostal church.  Sings Nigerian hymns in her language all day.  She doesn't do it when I'm sleeping but man... Gives a new meaning to "prays/ without ceasing

And since she sings without ceasing it counts twice
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

So is all this singing annoying to you Ches? You could ask her to sing more quietly if it is keeping you awake!! I find it somewhat interesting and soothing, but maybe it's obnoxious. Your home, Ches.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

EVERYBODY!!*!! Remember, this is the anniversary of the death of Dymphna's father and the baptism of her godchild  done by proxy. Please spare a moment to remember both in your prayers. Thanks

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 13, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
EVERYBODY!!*!! Remember, this is the anniversary of the death of Dymphna's father and the baptism of her godchild  done by proxy. Please spare a moment to remember both in your prayers. Thanks

Oh Carleen!  I don't know what to say.  I guess thank you has to do it.  Just think, they both met God, just in different ways.  I hate the saying, but in this case it applies, it's the circle of life.  Deo gratias for having both of them in my life.  I hope and pray to be worthy of such enormous grace.  +RIP+ and thank you for everything Dad (TJ).  I hope and pray you have a long, happy, healthy, and holy life Sophia.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 13, 2017, 05:40:57 PM

Oh Carleen!  I don't know what to say.  I guess thank you has to do it.  Just think, they both met God, just in different ways.  I hate the saying, but in this case it applies, it's the circle of life.  Deo gratias for having both of them in my life.  I hope and pray to be worthy of such enormous grace.  +RIP+ and thank you for everything Dad (TJ).  I hope and pray you have a long, happy, healthy, and holy life Sophia.

I love how this worked out Dymphna. Yes a wonderful grace to be a godparent and in this case coinciding with death of father. You will never forget this most auspicious occasion. 2 events  of impotence on one day. It's a beautiful thing. Ask dad to pray for goddaughter!

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 13, 2017, 07:40:44 PM

I love how this worked out Dymphna. Yes a wonderful grace to be a godparent and in this case coinciding with death of father. You will never forget this most auspicious occasion. 2 events  of impotence on one day. It's a beautiful thing. Ask dad to pray for goddaughter!

oh carleen.  you have got to get a spellcheck :lol:
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 13, 2017, 08:21:05 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 13, 2017, 07:40:44 PM

oh carleen.  you have got to get a spellcheck :lol:

Thanks Ches! That IS my spell check! It changes my words. Importance. Importance. Importance!!!!!!*!

Chestertonian

Yeah I autovorrect set to less sensitive sometimes i turn off

otherwise my words will look like phish lyrics

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Orate, good morning!  My dog will do that. Or come in with his rawhide and drop it on my wood floor!

Carleendiane

So, bad morning here. Until med kick in I can't get comfortable. Who cares, right? I am not in danger...only in pain! So thank God, another day. I am happy to see each day as a gift. Bird? You up? Get up bird.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.