Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

OK MLG. No more caffeine. We don't want you to get dangerous.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

I don't know about MLG, but a reasonable amount of caffeine at regular intervals is probably what keeps me from becoming dangerous!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on February 23, 2017, 11:57:04 AM
I don't know about MLG, but a reasonable amount of caffeine at regular intervals is probably what keeps me from becoming dangerous!  :lol:

It's a fine, fine line. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Ok. Enough. You should begin getting going. Really, just make the sign of the cross, go get your coffee. Good morning!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Let the lent discussion begin!

orate

Meditating on this alone, could take all Lent.  I'm thinking St. Alphonsus Liguori's Preparation for Death.  No wonder Lent begins with Ash Wednesday.

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

MundaCorMeum

I made a Lent plan book last night, to help get all my ideas and what not out of my brain.  It'll help me plan for Holy Week and Easter, too.

Carleendiane

Good idea , Munda. One year I got a poster of Christ with the crown of thorns. We glued it to a piece of styrogfoam. We filled it with tooth picks. Every good deed done by the children allowed them to remove a tooth pick to bring Christ relief. Worked well. Kids liked the idea of sparing our Lord pain.

Carleendiane

Aright friends, don't bother me, I'm coloring my hair, for lent ::)

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 24, 2017, 10:19:22 AM
Aright friends, don't bother me, I'm coloring my hair, for lent ::)

It would qualify as an act of mercy for me to do that during lent.  Which reminds me that I need to go get a box of hair color.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 24, 2017, 09:46:56 AM
Good idea , Munda. One year I got a poster of Christ with the crown of thorns. We glued it to a piece of styrogfoam. We filled it with tooth picks. Every good deed done by the children allowed them to remove a tooth pick to bring Christ relief. Worked well. Kids liked the idea of sparing our Lord pain.

We do something similar.  We make a crown of thorns out of salt dough, and put toothpicks in it for the thorns, which are removed by prayers and sacrifices.  It stays on our dining room table all through Lent.  Then, on Easter morning, the jar with the crown of thorns turns into sweets.  The miracle of God's grace!  He turns our sacrifices into something better.

Carleendiane

Mundane that is totally the idea! Guess we think alike! Was real cute to see them scaling for good deeds so Jesus would not sufFer a single toothpick by the end of lent. It was a very positive experience to sooth our Lord with good works!

Chestertonian

Very exhausted today just woke up going to sleep more so I don't crash when wife and kids are home
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 24, 2017, 12:43:06 PM
Very exhausted today just woke up going to sleep more so I don't crash when wife and kids are home

Thanks for checking in ches. I count on that so I can know what's up with you. When you stick your head in I am happy! God bless you and your family.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 24, 2017, 11:12:00 AM
Mundane that is totally the idea! Guess we think alike! Was real cute to see them scaling for good deeds so Jesus would not sufFer a single toothpick by the end of lent. It was a very positive experience to sooth our Lord with good works!

How old were they when you started this?
My Lord and my God.