Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

My dog says good morning. He had a lovely fat skunk to toy with this morning, running up my driveway. But....he was inside thank God! Had he been outside he would have been delighted to find a play mate. Never thinking there could be a sinister end to their playtime.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ok, so now I'm moving into a monologue, who knows what I may say now! Well I know one thing, I will not gossip no siree. DYMPH, is probably standing there in her jeans, debating on whether to take her Harley for a spin. Orate is figuring out which lean cuisine to have for lunch. Bernadette is just now wiping the sleep from her eyes. Munda, well she's busy because she always is. MLG, she fixing her IV. CHES, he's just trying to get someone to remove his glasses so he can take a nap. Lynne, she's working hard, but slipping in from time to time to see what's new. Jayne is graciously caring for her mother and father. Checking in but, hidden. Non is busy trying to come up with some wonderful low calorie breakfast. And looking at the chores screaming at her. Me I am just laying on my side gossiping.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 22, 2017, 08:48:36 AM
You at work MLG? Did you have not my president day off???

My brain is off today, but the rest of me is at work.  :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

I'm making some fresh coffee....it's time for a snack break!  Our brains need rest and fuel

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 22, 2017, 10:46:25 AM
I'm making some fresh coffee....it's time for a snack break!  Our brains need rest and fuel

Yes, time for fresh. Time to celebrate my 2 little lambs born during the night.

maryslittlegarden

I'd be happy to bring something to add to the coffee.. ahem, Bailey's or Kahlua anyone?
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 22, 2017, 11:06:19 AM

I'd be happy to bring something to add to the coffee.. ahem, Bailey's or Kahlua anyone?

Ok. Both sound just great! Thank you!

dymphna17

Does anyone here know how to make Pina Coladas?  I was trying to think of something that would be creamy and good, like what you all are having.  The best Pina Colada I ever had was in Portsmouth, Virginia, just on the other side of the bridge of Norfolk.  A couple of friends of ours got their Income Tax check back and were treating us to a fancy dinner and then a movie.  I ordered a Pina Colada, which quickly became the belle of the ball.  The waiter brought it out like a peacock struts out with it's gorgeous feathers in full display.  He put it down in front of me  and my mouth fell open.  I was 17 yo and the only one at the table that wasn't carded, so I already felt like I was getting away with something.  When he came out with this huge, beautiful drink, I thought for sure they knew and I was going to be in trouble.  But nope, this beauty was all mine to enjoy.

This drink was made with all fresh ingredients and home made ice cream.  The pineapple was fresh, as was the coconut.  They used fresh cream as well.  I've never tasted one like it again, and it's not for the lack of trying.   :lol:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

I have to add, Hubby just brought me an home made sausage and egg mcmuffin.  Done Okie style (add a slice of deli ham).  Yummy!  Hmmm, this is not something a Pina Colada would go with.  hahaha
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 22, 2017, 10:12:42 AM
Orate is figuring out which lean cuisine to have for lunch.

Truth!! LOL
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

orate

Wish I could still have coffee and alcohol.  The smell of good coffee just drives me wild.  Will occasionally have a cuppa decaf, but it's just not the same.   :(  As for alcohol, I'm on so many meds, I'm afraid that if I drank even one, I might not ever breathe again.

But I'm good for a coffee cake if we need one this morning.  And I just love getting together no matter what the reason!  ;D
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on February 22, 2017, 12:26:27 PM
Wish I could still have coffee and alcohol.  The smell of good coffee just drives me wild.  Will occasionally have a cuppa decaf, but it's just not the same.   :(  As for alcohol, I'm on so many meds, I'm afraid that if I drank even one, I might not ever breathe again.

But I'm good for a coffee cake if we need one this morning.  And I just love getting together no matter what the reason!  ;D

That's my kind of girl. Know your limits. Enjoy the things you CAN do. I can still have alcohol. Hubby has wine, I have vodka. It funny I went my whole marriage drinking rarely. Then when my health got more complicated 2 months ago I started having a large drink every nite. My doctor knows. It's helpful with pain and sleeping. I can do it. So now I do. My coffee helps some of my drugs work faster. Especially pain pills. Which I am out of. But all the more to offer up. Plus I will get something after surgery. I have trigeminal neuralgia. The drugs help my teeth so I can chew . Plus TN Makes face and head hurt. Cure is to cut out part of my skull. Not ready for that. So, vodka works at nite.

dymphna17

That's the awesome part of this being virtual.  You can eat all the coffee cake you want and never gain a pound.  You can have alcohol and not worry about it mixing with your meds.  So here, have a cup of piping hot super coffee with a touch of Bailey's for you.  Sit back, put your feet up, and relax.   :beer:   8)
?

Carleendiane

I know not how to make Pina colladas. Sorry, Dymph.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 22, 2017, 01:10:20 PM
I know not how to make Pina colladas. Sorry, Dymph.

No problem!  I'll google it.   ;)
?