Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 20, 2017, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 01:29:08 PM
Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Got up early today and made it to Mass.  Let's see how long that lasts!

Good for orate. Do you have a local daily tlm? Just wondering. We dont. Thanks for a pic. I think we should have one every day. Jayne used to supply them but her care schedule for parent does not allow her to get in here in the morning.

Yes, my FSSP is only 20 minutes away.  Used to live 45 minutes away but we moved closer in October. 

Due to health issues, I was unable to attend even Sunday Mass for most of the Fall.  And winter is always a challenge for me.  But my health is ever so much better now.  So I have no excuse not to go more often than on Sundays, except for my love of sleeping in!

Why, you are a blessed woman, Orate! I would give my arm to have a FSSP 20 min away. That would be amazing! I would like to think I'd be right there, often as possible making weekday Masses. I truly understand health issues. This has been a terrible year beginning with stroke day before mothers day...up til now. Will it end? With me still alive? I know not, Thank God. But, I have had the blessing of making almost all my Sunday Masses. Gratitude aplenty for each day. A celebration in my heart. Too much unfinished business. But, that's from an earthly standpoint. God's will is better than anything I may think important. Right?

It's not my business to stick my nose into your affairs or conversations, but I have to say, Miss Carleen, you are so right!  God bless both of you ladies!  This is what the young people need to see.  You do what you have to do and God comes first!  God will take care of everything whether you like it or not, so set your dial to love and go to work.   :beer:

Dymphna, just jab that nose in anytime you want, my friend. I love your input!

Orate, you have been through a severe trial, I see. And to not know what was wrong with you? Wow. Really, wow. They didn't find anything wrong with your heart?  Surprised. I would think what you described as heart related.No wonder you did not stick your head in hardly at all. You could have put in a prayer request. We could have been praying for you. That was a great suffering. Did you go from active to not. And was walking painful or just breathtaking? Did heart hurt? Headaches, spins? Can't believe you got on top of it with diet change and exercise. I'doing be afraid exercise might throw BP off the charts. I'm glad you are back, phsically. God bless.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 20, 2017, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 01:29:08 PM
Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Got up early today and made it to Mass.  Let's see how long that lasts!

Good for orate. Do you have a local daily tlm? Just wondering. We dont. Thanks for a pic. I think we should have one every day. Jayne used to supply them but her care schedule for parent does not allow her to get in here in the morning.

Yes, my FSSP is only 20 minutes away.  Used to live 45 minutes away but we moved closer in October. 

Due to health issues, I was unable to attend even Sunday Mass for most of the Fall.  And winter is always a challenge for me.  But my health is ever so much better now.  So I have no excuse not to go more often than on Sundays, except for my love of sleeping in!

Why, you are a blessed woman, Orate! I would give my arm to have a FSSP 20 min away. That would be amazing! I would like to think I'd be right there, often as possible making weekday Masses. I truly understand health issues. This has been a terrible year beginning with stroke day before mothers day...up til now. Will it end? With me still alive? I know not, Thank God. But, I have had the blessing of making almost all my Sunday Masses. Gratitude aplenty for each day. A celebration in my heart. Too much unfinished business. But, that's from an earthly standpoint. God's will is better than anything I may think important. Right?

It's not my business to stick my nose into your affairs or conversations, but I have to say, Miss Carleen, you are so right!  God bless both of you ladies!  This is what the young people need to see.  You do what you have to do and God comes first!  God will take care of everything whether you like it or not, so set your dial to love and go to work.   :beer:

Dymphna, just jab that nose in anytime you want, my friend. I love your input!

Orate, you have been through a severe trial, I see. And to not know what was wrong with you? Wow. Really, wow. They didn't find anything wrong with your heart?  Surprised. I would think what you described as heart related.No wonder you did not stick your head in hardly at all. You could have put in a prayer request. We could have been praying for you. That was a great suffering. Did you go from active to not. And was walking painful or just breathtaking? Did heart hurt? Headaches, spins? Can't believe you got on top of it with diet change and exercise. I'doing be afraid exercise might throw BP off the charts. I'm glad you are back, phsically. God bless.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 05:29:42 PM

They did finally diagnose diastolic heart failure secondary to a genetic kidney disorder that I have.  But basically this  diagnosis was made after the medication helped.  And yes, I did not stick my head in because the lack of oxygen made my brain fuzzy as a duckling, so sitting at the computer was tiring.  I wasn't the most active of folks and the docs prescribed physical therapy to help me to regain my stamina.  Walking was breathtaking as my heart rate would jump up to 150-160 with minimal exertion, but never painful.

I had already begun a weight loss regimen before this all started, which I continue.  (I am a big lady.)  I'm also religious about keeping my sodium intake to under 2 Gms a day.  This and the medications I'm on including BP meds, and especially God's grace have helped me to get well.  My heartrate is now in the 70's to 80's.  BP is normal and I'm able to move more and more each day without shortness of breath.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 05:29:42 PM

They did finally diagnose diastolic heart failure secondary to a genetic kidney disorder that I have.  But basically this  diagnosis was made after the medication helped.  And yes, I did not stick my head in because the lack of oxygen made my brain fuzzy as a duckling, so sitting at the computer was tiring.  I wasn't the most active of folks and the docs prescribed physical therapy to help me to regain my stamina.  Walking was breathtaking as my heart rate would jump up to 150-160 with minimal exertion, but never painful.

I had already begun a weight loss regimen before this all started, which I continue.  (I am a big lady.)  I'm also religious about keeping my sodium intake to under 2 Gms a day.  This and the medications I'm on including BP meds, and especially God's grace have helped me to get well.  My heartrate is now in the 70's to 80's.  BP is normal and I'm able to move more and more each day without shortness of breath.

Wow Orate, sounds like you have fought your way to better health. Your efforts and God's grace be praised! I am so glad things have turned around and you can enjoy life again. No matter what I have going on, I enjoy life and the people in my life who care about me enough to pray when these things, like I have going on right now, come up. We just deal with one thing at a time and spend as much time as possible not worrying about them. I have to discipline my thoughts so they are not overrun by my fears and self focus. So far I'm not enjoying my oldster years, except for all the grandkids, now don't get me started on my grandkids and how perfect they are....did I tell you they are perfect?  8)

dymphna17

Wow!  I've got 2 OK's to jab my nose in, so I will!  I think Hubby's on his own tonight.  Can't prop up in my bed the way I can in a chair.  Heartburn flees from the chair,... usually   :-\  .  Does anyone have any idea as to why.......this is still the 'Good Morning' Thread?  I could have sworn....  I'd better get out and make a few rounds!!!  Excuse me, please!  Off we go...
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 20, 2017, 10:16:03 PM
Wow!  I've got 2 OK's to jab my nose in, so I will!  I think Hubby's on his own tonight.  Can't prop up in my bed the way I can in a chair.  Heartburn flees from the chair,... usually   :-\  .  Does anyone have any idea as to why.......this is still the 'Good Morning' Thread?  I could have sworn....  I'd better get out and make a few rounds!!!  Excuse me, please!  Off we go...

Well,good morning all. New day. Told you....

dymphna17

Yes, you did tell us, didn't you?  If I had brains, I'd be dangerous today.  :lol:  Thank you for getting it right as usual.  So Miss Carleen, since it's just the two of us, how's it going?  You feeling alright?  Getting nervous at all?  Hopefully resting well at night?  How's Hubby taking it all?  Are the kids squeezing you extra tight, even if it's over the phone?  Just a few, hopefully not annoying, questions I have.  Since I can't be there to have you look me in the eye so I can see what's what.   :grouphug: :family:

Oh, and

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

orate

What can I say?  You've come up with the good pic this am, dymph!

By the grace of God, made it to Mass and Rosary today.  If I knew it was rainy before I got dressed, I probably would have stayed home.  Scared I'll fall when it is slick.  But God must have really wanted me there today.  Father will be out of town til Thursday afternoon, so this lazy girl can sleep in for the next 2 days! LOL
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Orate, you are not lazy....getting up to hit daily mass tells me so. Plus enjoying a couple mornings sleeping in does not mean lazy. I would be labeled lazy because I sleep as long as I can. Usually until 8 or 8 30. I'll find out how much is due to blood flow problems after they fix me. Lol. Or am I just lazy. But at least you get up and go. Then come back and post. I have spent a lot of time in bed since the picnic table fell on me in Nov. Just how much was not of my control will be seen.

Carleendiane

Birdie!!!!!Bird!!!!! Wake up! Make sign of the cross. Get out of bed. Say novena for you adoptive mother.  ;) Now. Get some coffee and get the blood flowing to your wonderful, intelligent, pious brain.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 21, 2017, 09:00:45 AM
Orate, you are not lazy....getting up to hit daily mass tells me so. Plus enjoying a couple mornings sleeping in does not mean lazy. I would be labeled lazy because I sleep as long as I can. Usually until 8 or 8 30. I'll find out how much is due to blood flow problems after they fix me. Lol. Or am I just lazy. But at least you get up and go. Then come back and post. I have spent a lot of time in bed since the picnic table fell on me in Nov. Just how much was not of my control will be seen.

I've only done it these last 2 days---hardly a pattern---but I am just so grateful to be able to get up and move again and we've had unseasonably warm weather here, so I'm able to go outside without the cold air taking my breath away!  I feel like God has given me another chance to attend the Mass I love so much, and missed so much when I could not go.  So when I can, I'm going to try to make the effort to get there, though the devil tried mighty hard to convince me not to go this morning.  But God's grace won out. 

I think God wants me to pray for you this week as well, since I thought of you and prayed for you both days,

Carleendiane

Well orate, if God moves you to do so I could only benefit me and you too for being obedient! You are a peach. Thanks my friend. I would trust you to give me my injections!

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 21, 2017, 08:08:13 AM
Yes, you did tell us, didn't you?  If I had brains, I'd be dangerous today.  :lol:  Thank you for getting it right as usual.  So Miss Carleen, since it's just the two of us, how's it going?  You feeling alright?  Getting nervous at all?  Hopefully resting well at night?  How's Hubby taking it all?  Are the kids squeezing you extra tight, even if it's over the phone?  Just a few, hopefully not annoying, questions I have.  Since I can't be there to have you look me in the eye so I can see what's what.   :grouphug: :family:

Oh, and

Oh dymph, as usual, you ask all the right questions. Yes kids and hubby have a bit of fear for me, so we joke it away. That's our tool for anxiety. Husband is ever at my service. I am truly hundred by that. Kids have been checking in on me and they are praying. Thanks God for my family. I don't deserve God's sweet graces, but he keeps them coming, none the less. You Dymphna, are too good to me, too. Thanks for checking in. That way I know you are minimally, ok.

Carleendiane

Weather here warm and slightly wet. But pleasant still. How's the weather where you're at? Sitting on my bed, and yes I've been up and around, this is just my spot for using my tablet, which I found out is fine. I just had 2 bad chargers. Now I have a good one and my little device is once again charging!

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 21, 2017, 09:04:03 AM
Birdie!!!!!Bird!!!!! Wake up! Make sign of the cross. Get out of bed. Say novena for you adoptive mother.  ;) Now. Get some coffee and get the blood flowing to your wonderful, intelligent, pious brain.

My alarm clock battery died on me!  :eek: And the giant one that I bought years ago, with the little "hammer and bells" on top won't work anymore: all it does is tick, with that irritating, all-pervading tick. And it's nasty outside, so when I half-woke up, I thought it was still...idk, six or something, and went back to sleep! I'm not meant to live on my own, I tell ya.  :-\
My Lord and my God.