Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: Christina_S on January 31, 2017, 09:46:45 AM
Morning, all! I hope you're having a wonderful day.
If you could spare a prayer for me, I'd appreciate it. I was in a car accident on my way to Mass this morning and the front bumper on my car is cracked most of the way across. I had my cell phone in my coat pocket (which is odd, because normally I carry it in my wallet) and the screen cracked against my seatbelt during the impact, so now I need to get a new cell phone as well.

:pray3:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Praying for Carleen and also Christina
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Well, thanks for prayers. I would say things went very well. Good news bad news goodnews. They found an aneurysm in my shoulder that they will be sending me to u of m for repair. But they be level it was the source for my arm clots and possibly my stroke. The good news is, it is a common condition found with pitchers as they get older. So they have a successful procedure they use to fix it. The shoulder clavicle, top rib are all too tight narrowing opening for blood flow, which causes artery to baloon. So I am hopeful. Never knew why my shoulder hurt so much! Now I do. Thanks again for prayers.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

If you could spare a prayer for me, I'd appreciate it. I was in a car accident on my way to Mass this morning and the front bumper on my car is cracked most of the way across. I had my cell phone in my coat pocket (which is odd, because normally I carry it in my wallet) and the screen cracked against my seatbelt during the impact, so now I need to get a new cell phone as well.

CHRISTINA! OUCH! BUT.....you are ok? Sorry your cell phone bit the dust adding insult to injury!  :pray3:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

I HATE accidents, even small ones.  They bring out my bad language and bad mood for at least the rest of the day. Yours couldn't have been much fun - I'm sure breaking your cell phone didn't really help.

I hope you weren't hurt.  Probably not as bad as when I had an accident (plowed into a tree) on the way to Mass 10 years ago and broke my back and neck.  That was worse than a bad mood (or even than a broken cell phone). But something that happened recently is more trouble than something that happened 10 years ago. I hope you are OK.

:pray2:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 31, 2017, 01:53:52 PM
Well, thanks for prayers. I would say things went very well. Good news bad news goodnews. They found an aneurysm in my shoulder that they will be sending me to u of m for repair. But they be level it was the source for my arm clots and possibly my stroke. The good news is, it is a common condition found with pitchers as they get older. So they have a successful procedure they use to fix it. The shoulder clavicle, top rib are all too tight narrowing opening for blood flow, which causes artery to baloon. So I am hopeful. Never knew why my shoulder hurt so much! Now I do. Thanks again for prayers.

I'm glad things went well and they found the problem, but sorry it is an aneurysm.  I will pray it is successfully repaired.

You've got to quit your secret career as a major league baseball pitcher!

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 31, 2017, 04:36:29 PM

I'm glad things went well and they found the problem, but sorry it is an aneurysm.  I will pray it is successfully repaired.

You've got to quit your secret career as a major league baseball pitcher!

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dymphna17

See, you should have quit pitching when you were still young.  j/k  I'm so glad it went well.  And after you get the new procedure done you'll be around for a long, long time.  Your family must be thrilled to pieces.  Deo Gratias!!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 31, 2017, 04:57:40 PM

See, you should have quit pitching when you were still young.  j/k  I'm so glad it went well.  And after you get the new procedure done you'll be around for a long, long time.  Your family must be thrilled to pieces.  Deo Gratias!!

My husband always said I had a throwing arm like a man. Growing up with 6 brothers can do that. 8) Yes, family happy, just will be glad when it's all done, of course. Thanks Dymph!

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 31, 2017, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 31, 2017, 04:57:40 PM

My husband always said I had a throwing arm like a man. Growing up with 6 brothers can do that. 8) Yes, family happy, just will be glad when it's all done, of course. Thanks Dymph!

I always threw like a girl  ;D  I remember when I pitched a game in PE.  We were losing 13-0 and it was only the first inning, and then the bell rang... phew.  PE never did much for my self-confidence.

Carleendiane

Open. This door. Now. Ok. I will. Open now. Could some one please put up a picture of some coffee? God bless your pea pickin soul.

Carleendiane

Wow. Not a single good morning today. Laus? Bird? Non? Dymphna? Stella? Munda? Jayne? Lynne? Heinrich? Ches?