Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: red solo cup on January 30, 2017, 09:36:38 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 30, 2017, 09:30:05 AM
Good morning!  Just enjoyed a rare Monday morning breakfast with the entire family.  The Husband took the day off today to rest and catch up on stuff around the house.  We are so excited to have him home  :)

How does one actually make that butterfly in the coffee?  That is really cool trick....I want to learn it

Now Munda will be overdosing on caffeine so she can practice this, gah!  ;)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 30, 2017, 08:40:23 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 30, 2017, 05:51:36 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 29, 2017, 08:38:19 PM
For tomorrow morning, as I'd hate to accidentally forget:

Cream and sugar are on the table, if you can bear to disturb the butterfly.

It's tomorrow morning.  I'm just shifting this over so no one misses it.  It's so pretty, Bernadette!  It makes me glad I don't drink coffee.  I'd hate to mess it up.  :)

Please be sure to leave a prayer for Carleen in the coffee can by the front door on your way out.   :pray3:  And have a great day everybody!

Dymphna, you are very Franciscan in your begged for me. But you just beg prayers. It's like you have my back. I can relax and you guys take care of me and the thread. :pray3: :pray2: :pray3:  for each of you. You are the best. You all know who you are! :grouphug:

Well, I can't make your family meals, I can't come and clean your house or run your errands, so this is the least I can do.  It's not like we all have tons of family or live in large neighborhoods full of Traditional Catholics.  We have to have each others backs as much as possible.   ;) :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

But if we COULD, we'd be at all the sickies' houses, mops and dustcloths in hand (at least, that's what I would have, since I can't cook).
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 30, 2017, 11:40:06 AM
But if we COULD, we'd be at all the sickies' houses, mops and dustcloths in hand (at least, that's what I would have, since I can't cook).

I used to have opportunity to help out like that. Women would have a baby, or be sick, we would ascend on their homes and clean, cook and watch kids. There was a lot of satisfaction in that!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 30, 2017, 11:44:29 AM

I used to have opportunity to help out like that. Women would have a baby, or be sick, we would ascend on their homes and clean, cook and watch kids. There was a lot of satisfaction in that!

Was there some kind of "signal" that your assistance was needed (like a balloon on the mailbox, or a note in the parish bulletin), or did you guys just show up?  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

We were all living in an apartment complex, couple years after I got married. The women attended a lot of the same churches and word just got around. It was a beautiful thing. Then I moved.  :huh:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Lynne on January 30, 2017, 09:23:36 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 30, 2017, 07:11:59 AM
Laus, you are welcome in morning thread. Both threads would apply for you now. But.....there will be more people in good morning. Plus, the coffee is fresh herre!

I bet he finally went to bed.

I don't sleep, I nap.  ;)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Lynne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 30, 2017, 02:39:13 PM
Quote from: Lynne on January 30, 2017, 09:23:36 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 30, 2017, 07:11:59 AM
Laus, you are welcome in morning thread. Both threads would apply for you now. But.....there will be more people in good morning. Plus, the coffee is fresh herre!

I bet he finally went to bed.

I don't sleep, I nap pass out.  ;)

fixed it for you...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LausTibiChriste

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Everything I do I learnt from DK. That is my excuse.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 30, 2017, 03:57:43 PM

Everything I do I learnt from DK. That is my excuse.

Then own it like a man, lad!  No excuses!   :cheeseheadbeer:  That was the best I've got in DK impressions. I know the spelling gave me away though.  :lol:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Non Nobis

Laus, it is going to be great seeing your cheerful face all over the forum!

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Bernadette

^ I do love that picture: reminds me of a smug, satisfied cat.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 30, 2017, 09:28:56 PM

Laus, it is going to be great seeing your cheerful face all over the forum!

I'm sad I can only like this post once. I want to like it 100 times

- MaximGun

Christina_S

Morning, all! I hope you're having a wonderful day.
If you could spare a prayer for me, I'd appreciate it. I was in a car accident on my way to Mass this morning and the front bumper on my car is cracked most of the way across. I had my cell phone in my coat pocket (which is odd, because normally I carry it in my wallet) and the screen cracked against my seatbelt during the impact, so now I need to get a new cell phone as well.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Christina_S on January 31, 2017, 09:46:45 AM
Morning, all! I hope you're having a wonderful day.
If you could spare a prayer for me, I'd appreciate it. I was in a car accident on my way to Mass this morning and the front bumper on my car is cracked most of the way across. I had my cell phone in my coat pocket (which is odd, because normally I carry it in my wallet) and the screen cracked against my seatbelt during the impact, so now I need to get a new cell phone as well.

:pray2: :pray2:
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace