Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on January 18, 2017, 09:11:40 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
Quote from: Lynne on January 18, 2017, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 08:18:12 AM
Good Morning all. It is a new day. Let's get out there and do good. No arguing. That's the plan.

Finally! I was getting worried...

Lynne, thanks for dropping by. Son made cowboy coffee. I get caught up talking with hubby. And before I know it morning is half gone. Got a muffin? Joking. Not.

Cowboy coffee? What's that?

I already ate it...it was good, a nice banana muffin.  :(

Cowboy coffee is coffee so strong only a cowboy would drink it!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 09:26:45 AM
Quote from: Lynne on January 18, 2017, 09:11:40 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
Quote from: Lynne on January 18, 2017, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 08:18:12 AM
Good Morning all. It is a new day. Let's get out there and do good. No arguing. That's the plan.

Finally! I was getting worried...

Lynne, thanks for dropping by. Son made cowboy coffee. I get caught up talking with hubby. And before I know it morning is half gone. Got a muffin? Joking. Not.

Cowboy coffee? What's that?

I already ate it...it was good, a nice banana muffin.  :(

Cowboy coffee is coffee so strong only a cowboy would drink it!

Ah, high-octane stuff!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

C'mon guys, gals, get going. Or are you already gone? Ches, I know where you are, and you can't go anywhere. How about a few words of wisdom for this old warhorse. This warhorse in decline. Come, encourage me. I will do the same for you. I will try.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 10:17:47 AM
C'mon guys, gals, get going. Or are you already gone? Ches, I know where you are, and you can't go anywhere. How about a few words of wisdom for this old warhorse. This warhorse in decline. Come, encourage me. I will do the same for you. I will try.

I'm not Ches, but can I be a warhorse too?  All of this young stuff is getting on my nerves.  I picture warhorses to be those who have been in battle and won.  Some battles are lost, but most are won.  It's all for winning the war for our King.  So, for now everyone is sitting around in a dimly lit,  dark paneled room, smoking cigars and drinking cognac, planning the next strategy.  Only good can make it to these hallowed halls.  Will I ever be good enough to make it to this room?  Miss Carleen has it in her hands to say yes or no.  What say ye, Miss Carleen? 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 18, 2017, 01:13:33 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 10:17:47 AM

I'm not Ches, but can I be a warhorse too?  All of this young stuff is getting on my nerves.  I picture warhorses to be those who have been in battle and won.  Some battles are lost, but most are won.  It's all for winning the war for our King.  So, for now everyone is sitting around in a dimly lit,  dark paneled room, smoking cigars and drinking cognac, planning the next strategy.  Only good can make it to these hallowed halls.  Will I ever be good enough to make it to this room?  Miss Carleen has it in her hands to say yes or no.  What say ye, Miss Carleen?

Oh dymphna, don't put any thing in my hands. I'll drop it. But as far as I know, to be part of the hallowed halls of old workhowses, you need, cognac, cigars, and battle under your belt. Any catholic battle will do. Yes, you will fit in nicely. We do not look at credentials. Other than your bottle, and cigars. If you bring in high quality cigars you get to sit in a best spot. I am the door keeper and look out. Serious busiNess goes on here. Mostly clandestine operations. You will be sworn to secrecy. But this is not a secret society.We do not kill people for leaving our hallowed group of warhorses. If you wish to stay with us you will be tattooed with eyebrows. Every member will know the other member by the tattooed eyebrows. We thought about eyeliner, but our men said no. Our leader is selected every 2 years or upon the death of current leader. It happens. No secret handshakes. The only thing we ask remains secret is out strategy.

Bernadette

QuoteAny catholic battle will do.

Oh, hey! Looks like I'm in!  ;D Except the cognac and cigars: I'll pass on those. But I meet the most important criterion.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 18, 2017, 01:46:24 PM
QuoteAny catholic battle will do.

Oh, hey! Looks like I'm in!  ;D Except the cognac and cigars: I'll pass on those. But I meet the most important criterion.

Of course you're in bird. Now about that cognac and cigars. You only bring them, but do not have to indulge. It's just an offering to be shared with others.

Jayne

My parents seem to be settling into living at my house and we have been establishing a daily routine.  This is a good thing.  However, the routine involves me needing to give them a lot of time and attention in the mornings. My computer time ends up being in the afternoons or evenings. I have been struggling to fit in my "good morning" posts and I have decided to give up.  Sorry.  (Just so you can tell I'm Canadian.)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on January 18, 2017, 06:21:50 PM
My parents seem to be settling into living at my house and we have been establishing a daily routine.  This is a good thing.  However, the routine involves me needing to give them a lot of time and attention in the mornings. My computer time ends up being in the afternoons or evenings. I have been struggling to fit in my "good morning" posts and I have decided to give up.  Sorry.  (Just so you can tell I'm Canadian.)

Jayne, your family commitment surely does take precedence over everything else, especially this thread. I am so enviou. I will never get the chance to pour myself out for one or both of my parents. I live almost 5 hours from my dad and he would never move. Not with my sister and her husband 5 minutes from his home. Mom died a few months before her 70th birthday. She was something else. Some believed a saint. I don't know about that, but she was very charitable in thought word and deed. Very. An icon in my hometown and as modest as the day is long. My loss, not being able to care for her on her downslide. My dad, well, let's just say, he's not the same man I grew up with. He too is very highly regarded in my hometown, but for different reasons. I would love to share my sisters burden caring for him. He loves me and I love him. I can talk all things catholic with him. He is so hungry for someone to talk spiritual matters with him. Since I hardly shut up, we would enjoy each others company. His hearing is so bad, he misses half of what I say anyway.

Stella Maris

Sneaking into the war salon with a bottle of Rémy Martin and a box of Cuban cigars

Bernadette

No pressure...but you could always post them last thing at night, for the next day. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on January 18, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

No pressure...but you could always post them last thing at night, for the next day. ;)

Yes, I do enjoy them too, but as Bernadette said...no pressure. You have a lot of plates in the air.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Chestertonian

Haha.. Lay the clothes out, set th table for breakfast, put the coffee in the coffee maker, write the SD post
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 19, 2017, 06:46:04 AM

Haha.. Lay the clothes out, set th table for breakfast, put the coffee in the coffee maker, write the SD post

Brilliant!

martin88nyc

So good to once again wake up early in the morning. Today I woke up at 6 and didn't go back to sleep. hurrah!
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33